What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
There's nothing wrong with Thorpe.. sure it's got a few chavs here and there but I still think it's a great park and if you visit it too many times you will get bored and it will lose the atomsphere. That's why I've only been once in 2005 and once this year. But back on topic, I'm still excited for the coaster like I was near the start of the thread.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I yet have to ride a Euro-fighter, but most of the topic has a negative POV, which kinda is putting me off. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm not going to ride a Euro-Fighter until I ride this one, so the 97' degree drop will come totally new to me. Hopefully I'll enjoy it, especially with the addition of that air-time hill the layout is looking very nice and varied. Its the best layout I've seen for a while anyway - take both Rita and Stealth, they don't particularly have a layout like this.

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
^Eurofighter are actually smooth if you sit in the middle of the row. They are also fun and thrilling so don't get put off by what other people say about them they are worth a go, looking at what the thorpe one is gonna be like it should be even better than the likes speed at Oakwood.

Kebab

Giga Poster
nemesisnutter said:
^Eurofighter are actually smooth if you sit in the middle of the row. They are also fun and thrilling so don't get put off by what other people say about them they are worth a go, looking at what the thorpe one is gonna be like it should be even better than the likes speed at Oakwood.

Thanks for the advice! :p

With a layout, height, and theming like that; it could quite possibly be the worlds best. It looks much longer than most regular Euro-fighters, just as interesting but more intense than Mystery Mine, air-time to rival Speed and inversions we haven't seen on this type of coaster before. Its looking extremely good in my case! :--D

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
shawnoc said:
Another thing a bout colosus themeing, i think it works, with the plants now grown, it looks more like a crubeling lost city, half burried.

Agree.

See most folks here just seem to plain dislike Colossus for one reason or another, but I think it's a pretty damn good coaster. I rate it 8/10. Nem Inferno 7/10. Sure, Inferno is smooth and Colossus is not, but that factor alone does not decide whether a coaster is good or bad. Colossus has a really cool layout and stays fun throughout it's journey. I also think the plants and station are nicely incorporated into the layout. Too bad the trains are a little rough, they could do with replacing them.

wheelhs1

Roller Poster
Cant Wait

I'm going to thorpe next year for the new coaster, it looks brilliant.

If it's anything like speed we are in for a treat. :--D

Kebab

Giga Poster
Re: Cant Wait

wheelhs1 said:
I'm going to thorpe next year for the new coaster, it looks brilliant.

If it's anything like speed we are in for a treat. :--D

Its not as big, but with its theming and layout it looks just as good :)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I do hope they just dont incorporate the themeing around the station area. Interaction with trees along the layout should be cool. The zer g roll should be good inside the building as it looks as if it will be taken quite slow.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
shawnoc said:
I do hope they just dont incorporate the themeing around the station area. Interaction with trees along the layout should be cool. The zer g roll should be good inside the building as it looks as if it will be taken quite slow.

It will be inside the building.

neo

Mega Poster
Well a rather exciting development has occurred. In the last few days, preparations (mainly concrete based) for the top station foundation have started to reveal the station outline. As well as that, a couple of footers have also gone into place, presumably for the turn after the first Immelman or for the turn after the heart line roll.

Now, they didn't release the revised station plan, like they did with the layout. So it’s a bit of a mystery as to what the final building will look like. The outline for the station foundation isn’t doing anything to help that.

It looks as if the station has been moved more towards Samurai. It also looks like the Façade has been altered in shape. As for what the central part of the foundation structure is, is anyone’s guess. So there is still a lot of mystery left in Project Dylan.

Photographs:

http://www.thorpeparkguide.com/archives ... index.html

http://themeuk.net/Thorpe_Eurofighter_C ... n_PG2.html

Lofty

CF Legend
Ohh, I want to see the new layout of the station, well, if it has even changed that much, it may have just another recess in the wall or something along those lines?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well the amount of investment that is apparently going into this, I'd say that we won't be let down on the theming front... After all, since when did a Eurofighter cost 10 million?

A

Anonymous

All-in-all I can't wait for this ride!

Oh yeah and screw you constant bickerers ruining a perfectly decent topic discussion!

It's true what's been said though, the themeing will be absolutley amazing! Hope they release some more information soon! :--D

Lofty

CF Legend
Well the amount of investment that is apparently going into this, I'd say that we won't be let down on the theming front... After all, since when did a Eurofighter cost 10 million?

Good point, That does kinda actualy put a good sign up that it will have good theming!

Lofty

CF Legend
It should be the 13th I think...

Thats when all the past updates have been!

Do you mean for the coaster video on youtube or the sites that has been howing construction?

A

Anonymous

Track is due on site this week. A few mates who work at the park have said "coaster geeks" will be happy, as track will be on site this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.