What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
UncleArly said:
Swat said:
Well yeah, Im hopeing for good themeing inside Mystery Mine style.

This is Thorpe.

All we'll get it a rusty old shed with graffiti all in the queue line. I'd love it if they could pull more off however.
Where at Thorpe is badly themed/not-themed and covered in graffiti?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^^I disagree.

Colossus, for example:

http://rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=13
http://rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=24
http://rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=25
http://rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=26
http://rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=27

Now, I'm not pretending that Colossus can rival theming on rides like Mystery Mine and Duelling Dragons, but to say that it is just a box is a bit mean. Some effort has been made with the surrounding buildings and landscaping, which is plenty enough theming. It's the same with Nemesis Inferno.

Yes, Thorpe Park don't have the best themed rides, but they are themed well. Compared to other rides then they are average theming, but some effort has been made.

Their new ride and the marketing around it seems to focus on the level of theming, not necessarily the layout. Unlike Colossus, which had the ten inversions.

I have higher hopes for this ride, but I'm just begging that it doesn't look tacky. However good they make the track, the theming will play such a bit part in the atmosphere and has been highlighted so much that it'll make the ride **** if the theming is tacky.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
I think most of the comments about Thorpe Parks 'rubbish theming' is just to sound 'cool'. I mean whoever likes Thorpe Park must be 'square', right?

Thorpe Park have tried and has got it right with call three major coasters. I would admit that the Lost City flat rides have little to no theming - Zodiac was pretty, but that just got rubbished when Cyclone came along.
Thorpe is a tiny park and I think they've done pretty well, in fact I think it's great that we have three big Theme Parks in the UK that have some sort of theme to it. We're a small country and can't match the likes of big ol' US of A - but have you seen most of thier 'big' parks? Tin shed and a massive sign.......

You want Disney standard **** off to Disney then, right? Thorpe Park aren't owned by Disney.
You want Universal standard, once again **** off over there.

We're owned by Merlin now who are trying their best with what money they've got and what space they have. Remember Merlin owns a lot more than just Thorpe.

It's not fair to have people slag of something that hasn't been built yet. Oh it's ''lack of faith''? That's laughable.

Coaster_Monkey

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Colossus isn't theming, it's a coaster in a hole, with plants round it. If you think Thorpe is a well maintained or themed park, you need to get to Phatasialand, open your eyes, fan boys.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^I highly doubt the theming will look 'tacky'. If you look at other rides that Merlin was in connection with, they look far from tacky.

As long as Wardley can keep guests entertained in the queue, with plenty of things to look at, and if it is themed around horror, something for the guests to cack there pants over, I'm sure this ride would be worthy of surpassing the standards.

I'm quite skeptical about the actual ride area theming, its like Dragon Khan, a pretty queue area but the actual ride theming is rather bland. Nah, the pre-drop section and the drop through that shed (on the poster), sure look like its gonna give some A-Class theming.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Harvey said:
Colossus isn't theming, it's a coaster in a hole, with plants round it. If you think Thorpe is a well maintained or themed park, you need to get to Phatasialand, open your eyes, fan boys.

Coaster_Monkey is right. Thorpe Park has some impressive theming, but people (i.e. Harvey) just slag it off, just to act like they've been to more parks and don't resolve around a park which is hated by many members. Personally I think Thorpe is a very good park! And I've been to many Theme Parks across Europe; I can easily say that Thorpe is a high-class one for this continent. Its no PA or EuroDisney but heck most of the rides aren't designed to look nice, but thrill, they look great in there own remarks. Unlike Black Mamba which doesn't particularly go upside down 10 times or launch 200 foot in the air.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Coaster_Monkey is right. Thorpe Park has some impressive theming, but people (i.e. Harvey) just slag it off, just to act like they've been to more parks and don't resolve around a park which is hated by many members.

I'm not a particularly adventurous person, but I like to think that after visiting Phantasialand, I am allowed an opinion on the parks I have been to.

Here it is:

Phantasialand, and many other parks around Europe make Thorpe Park look ridiculous, I mean, it's like X Sector at Alton Towers, they paint everything black and silver, and people like you bang on about it being amazingly themed, I mean come on, lets have a look shall we:

p6547.jpg

What we have here is a fairly cool looking station, with a few walls around the Cobra Roll, that are the same, in a trench that has more crap in it than water, and you bang on about it being really well themed?

p16662.jpg

Score, clearly some of you people have exceptionally low standards, if Thorpe Park is amazingly themed as some of you Thorpe Park and Alton Towers fan boys claim, I think you would piss in your frigging pants with delight if you got your jet setting boots on and traveled a bit.

Mike

Giga Poster
We're a small country and can't match the likes of big ol' US of A - but have you seen most of thier 'big' parks? Tin shed and a massive sign.......

The problem there is that most of the parks in the USA don't actually classify themselves as "theme parks", but more as "amusement parks", and there's a massive difference between the two. Most of the parks that do claim they're going to be themed in some way, theme themselves extremely well.

I mean whoever likes Thorpe Park must be 'square', right?

Either that, or mad, or blind.
Thorpe Park really is a terrible park. I'm sure it's still the only park I've ever been to where they have to have police officers and security walking around practically everywhere.
I've been there about 6 times in the past 3 years, and not once have I had a day where I thought, "Wow, this is brilliant!".
On top of all of this, Thorpe only have 1 coaster that I would class as "good", and that is Nemesis Inferno. It would be ok if, after I've been queuing up for 2 hours for a ride, the ride was actually good, but 90% of the time it isn't.
I think the thing that Thorpe is missing the most is the "fun factor", as whenever you go, it's impossible to actually have fun there!

If you do think that Thorpe is a fantastically brilliant place, then please take your head out of your arse, and look at other parks in the world. Heck, even Chessington makes Thorpe look crap, and that's without getting onto other, even smaller places such as Knoebel's, Morey's Piers or Lake Compounce, all of which you can easily have a very enjoyable day at.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Er....What?

I'd like it if you take the following back....
If you do think that Thorpe is a fantastically brilliant place, then please take your head out of your arse, and look at other parks in the world.

Please quote where I said Thorpe Park was a brilliant park? Prick.
I have looked at other Parks in the world, I'm sorry if I don't go around on forums bragging like a pathetic little child. Maybe I should start doing that....? Would that make me accepted? Prick.

I don't like the taste of my own **** and my head is firmly placed on my neck, thanks anyways.

it's impossible to actually have fun there
Well, I know that you're a 'coaster enthusiast'. It's your job to be a miserable person and not enjoy your day out.

Thorpe Park really is a terrible park. I'm sure it's still the only park I've ever been to where they have to have police officers and security walking around practically everywhere.
Er? I'd rather feel safe knowing that Police officers are walking around. You have to remember this is Stains, has a rep.
Well, if something 'bad' happens at a ark you're in (i.e. you get mugged/stabbed) lets just hope there's no officials around, because......ugh, that'll be just silly and terrible.

Look I'm in no way bumming Thorpe Park, I do like it yes. I rate it as a good park and I have good days out. I only visit the place twice a year, so I don't bore myself with it.
I do understand there are better parks out there, well.....That's just that. I'm just happy we have a credible park to go to.

On top of all of this, Thorpe only have 1 coaster that I would class as "good"
In your opinion, right? Good. As long as we clear up that you don't speak for the rest of the world, then I'll respect your opinion.

I'm not going to get into an argument on the net and having a 17year old tell me to get my head out of my arse.....You just need a bitch slap. Wake up, act your age this is a forum your penis won't get any bigger if you act tough on one.

This is why I hate fanboys.....And why CF is just full of whining teenagers.

spicy

Giga Poster
Why has this topic declined into a Thorpe Park slag off fest?

They are getting a new Eurofighter, thats why the topic is here. If you don't like Thorpe don't go there and stay out of this topic. Problem solved!

Mike

Giga Poster
Please quote where I said Thorpe Park was a brilliant park? Prick.

I never said that you think Thorpe is brilliant- I said "IF you do think", and I was saying it to everyone.
I only quoted you as an example, so, please, stop taking things so personally.

this is Stains, has a rep.

Yes, Rye in New York also has a bit of a bad reputation, as does Six Flags America (heck, someone even got SHOT in the parking lot not too long ago!), but even they don't have police officers everywhere you look!

In your opinion, right? Good. As long as we clear up that you don't speak for the rest of the world, then I'll respect your opinion.

Of course it's my bloody opinion! I'm hardly going to state somebody else's opinion on the matter! And, then laughably, you seem to totally disregard this statement and state that you apparantely hate this forum because it is full of people under the age of 20 years old that have opinions!

:roll:

They are getting a new Eurofighter

Good... Well, actualy, not that good, as about a million other parks also seem to be getting Eurofighters, and there are already 2 other Eurofighters in the country. Hardly unique, is it?

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I'm not going to get into an argument on the net and having a 17year old tell me to get my head out of my arse.....You just need a bitch slap. Wake up, act your age this is a forum your penis won't get any bigger if you act tough on one.

I love self righteous people who act like the "big adult", but call someone a prick in the first sentence of a post, :)

Harvey

Hyper Poster
coaster_monkey said:
I'm glad you do. I have no idea how that helps this topic, but......

Coaster_Monkey

I find it no less irrelevant, or useful than anything you have posted here, to be frank.

(Hi Frank)

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Okay.

I'll let you be the comedian, because I did actually find that pretty funny.
Maybe true and you have your fun........It's good being all the way behind a computer screen isn't it? Safer there to act like a prick on a forum.

Take it to PM if you want, I think the Mods would prefer that.

Coaster_Monkey

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I act like a "prick" when I'm not behind a computer screen, actually - ask Ian, he's as good a guide as any since I've been here since mid 2004 (and he still hasn't bought me a pint), and, I don't feel like taking anything to the PM system, so don't try telling me what to do.

I confess myself somewhat bemused by the safer comment too, I mean, not Coaster Monkey, anything but the Coaster Monkey!

A

Anonymous

Ok! ENOUGH ARGUING, back to the topic at hand yes?

Good :--D

Anyways I personally can't wanit for Dylan! it is going to be sweet! :--D I'm loving the idea of a 95 degree drop! (or 97 I forget lol).

:--D

A

Anonymous

Also!

Its not as if Thorpe havn't had a ride sponsored before. They had ribena rumba rapids. It could be advertising the London dungeons. They are owned by the same company after all

Not true, it is now owned by 'Merlin Entertainments' who also operate a park on a lease from Nick Leslau.

8)

Mike

Giga Poster
DanielSon92 said:
I'm loving the idea of a 95 degree drop! (or 97 I forget lol).

Errrm... There's one about 90 minutes away in Southend, as well as another one in Britain at Oakwood.

See, this is what I really hate about Thorpe getting a Eurofighter- People are going to think it's absolutely unique and never-seen-before, because they're totally oblivious to the fact that there are 2 other rides exactly like it in Britain, as well as quite a few others like it around the world.

Oh, and coaster_monkey, the only person acting like a "prick" here is you.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
I honestly beg to differ. But I'm over that.....

Anyway, I think the reasoning behind the Eurofighter is the fact most visitors will think of this as a big thing. Sure, in our terms it's lazy but I doubt Thorpe Park is planning to become UK's biggest park any more - Alton Towers might take the reigns back.

I really see where everyone is coming from, but then you're all expecting a bit too much for a place like Thorpe.
We may have one in Southend but this'll be a 'bigger and better' version. Well, that's what I think the GP will see it as.....

Coaster_Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.