What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
Not bad I suppose, Ithough I'm sure more people would like to know how the cars take the inversions/elements.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Or wait till next month...

I can't see Thorpe passing up the chance to test Saw a lot whilst guests are in the park can you? Not when there's not a lot else to see there during half term :lol:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Why are people moaning about a bit of paint on the cars.

Oh yes, of course, people are going to notice that it's poster paint whilst the car is going 40mph around the track!

OMG THORPE FAILED.

:roll:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
jokerman said:
Well we noticed.

Becuase you are an enthusiast. The GP will not be as observant, and don't forget, we're looking at an under car shot. You won't see them from this angle in the station, though you will see it when it's flying around the track, and then it will look more like blood.

Also, they are brand new, wait for the cars to be affected by weather first. I'm sure it'll dull down and look better.

marc

CF Legend
What causes the problem is when people say "I have seen the trains and they look fantastic" then we all see them and its like is that it.

Crow

Mega Poster
Hmmm although I find these shots of the cars disappointing. I think we should reserve judgement until we see the whole car as these photos might not be doing the ride justice!

jokerman

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
Well we noticed.

Becuase you are an enthusiast. The GP will not be as observant, and don't forget, we're looking at an under car shot. You won't see them from this angle in the station, though you will see it when it's flying around the track, and then it will look more like blood.

Why do people keep saying this. The GP are not stupid (admittedly, average IQ at Thorpe may be lower than some other places). They may well notice these things.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I'm not saying they are stupid.

I mean, they don;t go to a theme park and think the same as we do. We notice the little things more as we're more interested in them.

They go for the coasters, we do aswell, but we notice themeing more than the GP.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Honestly, the cars are very nice. Probally one of the best themed cars in the UK. The blood is a little too orangey, but thats just being picky. It will probally look more red in person anyway.

I think it just the fact its in Thorpe that enthusiast's moan. Anything to do with the place seems to be a moan/rant on this forum.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
To all the people who are complaining at us complaining at Thorpe Park, there is a reason why we have high expectations.

Firstly, the £12,000,000 that has been thrown at this project. I know that Merlin can spend the cash on whatever they like, but equally, I'm entitled to point out that smaller (and better) parks don't throw that much cash around and they produce decent rides, thus by investing £12m, I expect Thorpe to be able to better these other park's efforts. You can buy a lot of poster paint with £12,000,000 and I want to see that reflected in the effort made with this ride.

Also, the argument that "we might not like it, but it's good for Thorpe" holds no weight with me. I hate Thorpe Park, it's dirty, crowded, full of mediocre rides and all the "themes" merge into one indistinguishable mess. The park, is generally unappealling in many areas. Any investment that makes this park better is what I want to see. Instead, we get another UK Eurofighter, a slapdash themeing effort stuck in the middle of Canada Creek.

How will this improve Thorpe? It appeals to the chav/teenage demographic, it doesn't create much more space or help with the cluttered layout (remember the development plan where they had thought of getting it down to just two themes!). The walkthrough will lose it's appeal on repeat rides and we'll be left with a fairly typical Eurofighter, a decent filler coaster and just another in the long line of attention grabbing coasters from Thorpe (after Colossus & Stealth).

Finally, have you seen it? It's a Eurofighter, in a shed, with a dull walkthrough, based on an increasingly dull horror series. I'm all for parks trying something different, although trying something different and having it fail is the preserve of smaller parks, a park with the backing of Merlin should be able to get this stuff right.

Status
Not open for further replies.