What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
coasterdude_1 said:
omgzzzzz im not planning to go to Thorpe on opening day coz i heard theyre not gonna open any ridez at all. i hear its jus gonna be tht banana ride shiz and nt even sure they can be bothered to open da gates...

Can you speak English?

Can you speak sarcasm?
Or use 'quote' properly?
Or manage to not double post?

Learn to read the tone of a post... it's sarcastic. You could of at least checked my previous posts to easily find that I'm literate.

Brilliant.

PS. Whoever's got the photos of the cars, please post them..!

Rush

Giga Poster
coasterdude_1 said:
Or use 'quote' properly?

Yeah I really think some people need to get 'quoting' right. :roll:

Oh and apparently it has been testing since December 13th. Also don't expect any pictures of the cars soon until the park has released them. (As -lofty- says)

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Im sorry, but i just dont like the shed at all. With any luck, they make some extreme changes, bt if it ends up anything like that, then i have my worries for merlin. Just my personal opinion. I much preferd it when Tussuards owned them. They would have done a much better job in terms of theming. Look at what they did with colossus. I think thats probably the best themed ride there. Along with Nemesis inferno

Lofty

CF Legend
I know, I think he was implying to the overall station building, in which if he looks again its already been constructed :S

I may be wrong though...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Actual LOL at the game you have to play to be a "disciple of Saw". I'm probably about two months behind but still LOL.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
ollie, wtf? no thats not why i posted it... I was just implying how awful it is and i hoped that they make at least some attempt to make it look abit better. Jeez you gotta be carful what you say here havnt you.
So is that the whole station complete then? If it is then im sorry but its appauling.

spicy

Giga Poster
No I doubt the station is finished completely, the exterior could be but I doubt the interior is, but no one knows for sure obviously cos you can't actually see it.

You say it's appauling Elmerfudd but you do realise that's only the back of the station that only the outside queueline will see. That's why it's hardly themed.

You see Saws station is a bit like J-Lo. The rears big and boring but the front looks good.

:)

Lofty

CF Legend
LOVE that comparrison LOL!

Yeah I agree though, why theme the outside of it so well when in all honesty, not everyone in the queue line will be thinking... Oh that builsings disgraceful!

And imo, they did attempt at theme it, so at the end of the day, its not as if they have left it just plain grey walls is it?!

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Ah okay.. well no i know its better than having awful grey walls, but im just saying! as some1 has mentioned, look at mystery mines building compared to saw. says it all.

marc

CF Legend
It could have been worse tbh. It could have been like the other coasters and just built on grass. At least Thorpe have made an effort for the station.

They are never going to please every single person, but the gp will love it at first. It looks better than I thought it would, but I wish they had themed the lift hill it could have easily been made to come out of the building.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Maybe they're not going for the goofy fantasy type building that mystery mine is, maybe they are going for something a little more plausible to add to the realism, which in turn adds to the scariness...

marc

CF Legend
But why should the 2 be the same style anyway, one is a mine one is not. Had they been the same people would just say Thorpe had copied it.

I am not the greatest fan of this, mainly as I was turned off due to all the hype etc. It is what it is and as long as people are happy and feel they got value for money thats the main thing in Thorpes eyes.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Inversionperson said:
Maybe they're not going for the goofy fantasy type building that mystery mine is

Erm, looking at a couple of pics on Google, MM isn't that excessively goofy or fantasy in regards to the shape...

VCVIND.JPG

rico_mine1.JPG

Do people really not do research before making claims about realism?

It's still going to be a warehouse with a massive cattlepen outside... :p

Like Marc, I was turned off by this when the name and theme were announced, I still the think the ride portion will be good, but I've been so disappointed with it since the name announcement I've just not had the same drive I had at first...

I would rather a MM copy theme-wise than a building I could do in two minutes on RCT... Those buildings always get done for not being realistic... I know it's a difference between reality and gaming but why do people get away with having blocking buildings in reality and not the gaming? Neither look aesthically pleasing ever...

Sigh, too much waffle...

Crow

Mega Poster
Despite finding gorey films boring and the Saw films terribly unscarey. I find this project strangly appealing. Being in one of the Saw scenarios might actually be very thrilling but this can only be acheived by getting a realistic atmosphere. If Thorpe manages to ruin this rides themeing like it did stealth and countless other rides then I shall give up all hope.

As for the age limit idea. I'm confident that there must be some sort of age restriction and if there isn't then Thorpe Park would be very irresponsible!

nealbie

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
It's still going to be a warehouse with a massive cattlepen outside... :p

Which fits in with both the Saw franchise and Thorpe Park :wink:

I mean why is everyone complaining? We know the theme is going to be on the Saw Movie franchise, so surely a warehouse is to be expected. As with the five films so far, it's what's inside the buildings that counts, in the many sequels I'm yet to see a building that's impressive from the outside (and that's just what we've got here believe it or not :lol: ).

What make the "interesting" part of the theme is the interior of the building. So until we go on the ride and experience it for ourselves then we wont know whether or not they've got all of it right and to a good standard.

Which means that of the theming that we can actually see, they've done a bloody good job with the theme/style that they have to adhere to. So just stop complaining! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.