What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Maybe they should just knock the ****ing coaster down and use the building as no one seems to give a **** about what the coaster is like. What is Saw, well its Saw The Ride not Saw the station.

So no its not what is in the station that should count, its what is after the station, but lets all ignore that part :)

And what is all this people are talking about that they are going to age check people?

As I said before I am looking at Saw in 2 halves, a walk through and a coaster. They wont get the inside of the station wrong as Thorpe are not doing it alone, the people from Saw are doing it.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
So no its not what is in the station that should count, its what is after the station

After the station, is an indoor section of the ride, inside the building.

marc

CF Legend
Ok should have said after it leaves the building :)

All I am saying is there is more talk about the station rather than the coaster. That to me says people dont care about the coaster at all so Thorpe have wasted the money on a coaster and could have just built a walk through attraction.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
^It says to me that the coaster section was finished long ago, and we've known the layout for months. There's really nothing left to talk about with regards the coaster part for now, so we'll talk about the part that's still being constructed and we know less about. And about half the budget has gone towards theming, it's quite an important part to talk about.

Besides, a walk-through is a lot less marketable!

Dave

CF Legend
To be honest theme can go suck itselfs sometimes. Its the atmosphere that can make themeing come alive.

nealbie

CF Legend
TarkaTrax said:
^It says to me that the coaster section was finished long ago, and we've known the layout for months. There's really nothing left to talk about with regards the coaster part for now, so we'll talk about the part that's still being constructed and we know less about. And about half the budget has gone towards theming, it's quite an important part to talk about.

Besides, a walk-through is a lot less marketable!

Great post! Got the point over fantastically well :)

Yeah, I think as has been said, we pretty much have everything about the outside layout, and we know it's just going to be a coaster outside without much (if an theming). Nothing special :wink:

marc

CF Legend
Dave said:
To be honest theme can go suck itselfs sometimes. Its the atmosphere that can make themeing come alive.

Yes I agree, if you are standing in there for 2 hours you will soon get bored and this will affect the atmosphere.

And ok I can see why you are not talking about the coaster.

UC someone said to me on msn, can not remember who now, that they will be checking the age of people before they enter the queue. I also think thats crap it would take forever.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Well... at least they don't seem to have big jigsaw-doll-faces on the front.

Does anyone have pics of the fans? They were the main visual point of theming in my eyes. How do they look?

marc

CF Legend
Wow they look stunning, I am so impressed I have so much hope for the theming inside now :)

They have spared no expense at all.

God people have been going on about these trains for weeks now, why? Ollie are they the same as the ones you had pictures of?

You know what they look like, trains that were made for the original concept i.e the mill with Saw stickers now stuck on them and some red paint thrown up the side.

Ollie

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
Ollie are they the same as the ones you had pictures of?
Basically yeah, that small section in the photo is right but in the concept there was a bit more blood. The rest of the train 'should' look be what it was planned to be. But you can't really see that clearly down the side of the car in that image because of the glare from the sun reflecting off the metal.

But don't forget it's only a bloody (see what I did there ;)) car. Everyone's so busy moaning about the theme that they've forgot about the coaster. It's more than just that indoor bit you know as that only makes up a small section of the ride.
Personally I'm pleased with how it's going, and think it'll be a great addition to the park. They're trying to make a coaster that's different and will draw in crowds and all people do here is slag off how it's themed to a film.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
They're trying to make a coaster that's different and will draw in crowds and all people do here is slag off how it's themed to a film.

Well, to be honest I think the majority of people here are slagging off the standard of theming, which isn't as good as most had hoped for. Including myself.

I don't mind the whole film aspect, something different and....*shrugs* It's hard to back up Thorpe now.
It's just another coaster in my eyes, nothing special. Although I am grateful that at least we have a decent theme park in England that tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.