What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
^ I don't know about that :lol:

But bear in mind that you're also paying for the London Aquarium now. And I do believe that Gardaland is now part of Merlin?

But it does make for interesting reading in that just 3 years ago in 2006 the annual pass was £85 compared to the £150 you have to pay in 2009, that's a 45% mark up in 3 years! :shock:

Considering how much stuff they have on the pass nowadays it does make sense that they are charging that much. However, I do think it would be a good idea for them to have an AP just for the parks (Alton, Thorpe, Chessie and Legoland).

... or alternatively Cial, you could get it cheap with Tesco's vouchers :wink:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^We don't shop at Tesco's as much now, so saving up would take about 5 years :p

I keep telling my mum to shop there :p

[/Off topic talk]

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
£150?

Bloody hell... Glad I got mine end of last year again... Staff Discount ftw...

It's only counted all year for UK parks, as well, that's a lot of money... So no Gardaland, only the staff get that ;)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
According to the annual pass site, new individual passes are £122.34, whilst renewals are £97.87. That's not to say that Merlin won't jack the prices up again.

Edit: Or not, as the case may be. They've not updated the price part of the FAQ yet, but you're right - £100/£150 for the individual pass. Bastards.

Brookes

Giga Poster
... or alternatively Cial, you could get it cheap with Tesco's vouchers

That's what I do mine has been around £25 in tesco clubcard vouchers for 2 years which my aunt get's me. Plus mine doesn't run out from last year until october which is helpful.

nealbie

CF Legend
MouseAT said:
According to the annual pass site, new individual passes are £122.34, whilst renewals are £97.87. That's not to say that Merlin won't jack the prices up again.

According to the very same website Annual Passes are presently £150. Hence the conversation between Cial and I :wink:

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
To go back to the spikes on the drop in the dark. A potential solution to this would be to have the spikes lit by strobe lighting, thus the drop is in the dark and the spikes are still visible - sorted!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Either that or have it so you're crawling along in the dark and they light up at the last second as you dive down.
I can't wait to ride this now. :)

nealbie

CF Legend
jokerman said:
Joey said:
jokerman said:
I like the idea of a pit of needles, like the one in Saw 2.
No.

How can you possibly respond "no" to that. All I said was that I liked the idea. You can tell me why you think it is a bad idea, but simply saying no just makes no sense.

You know what? I think the pit of needles would be a great thing to have underneath the roll in the building! Wouldn't that be great? :p

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Just so long as there's a little fast food outlet outside that serves 'handburgers', 'ice scream', 'slushed puppies', etc and puts lots of ketchup on the food...

nealbie

CF Legend
Ingested Banjo said:
Just so long as there's a little fast food outlet outside that serves 'handburgers', 'ice scream', 'slushed puppies', etc and puts lots of ketchup on the food...

You've thought that through far too much :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.