What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
omg, I told my friend that fake arms would be hanging from the ceiling as a joke to scare her, and I spy some in the concept art at the right :shock:
Wow, spooky cool)

marc

CF Legend
spicy said:
The thing is the theme is one thing but the ride is another in this case.

In that article they are solely concentrating on the theme with things like "Thorpe Park will take you on a horror film"

Well no it won't, Thorpe Park will take me on a Eurofighter with a horror theme.
Lets be honest as soon as we are out of the station and onto the lift hill it doesn't matter what the theme is its all down to the layout and in my opinion, for a Eurofighter, the layout looks pretty damn good.

Although if they do theme it like the concept art it will be awesome.

I said this about 90 pages ago lol, the station looks like it will be well themed but at the end of the day its for a coaster and thats what it should be about. Once you leave the station there is no theme, its just a Eurofighter. Granted its probably the best Eurofighter yet in terms of the layout, but they could have done a station like this even for an Apple coaster and passed it off as a horror ride :)

Lets just hope thats not the only bit of theming in the station building :)

From what people have been saying about newer Eurofighters, they are now meant to be smoother so I will see when its open. If thats the case and I dont keep banging my head I will probably like it.

Ben

CF Legend
Ian said:
^ Nah, station loading gates...surely?

It looks like the station gates for Mystery Mine at Dollywood.

I dunno, I only see five before the end of the 'walkway' as it were.

That wouldn't work out for gates, but it would for a cattlepen :p.

Regardless, however, it won't look like this, so I guess all that's moot. It will look like a tin shed.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
If you wanna know, that bit at the end of the queue in the concept art is the bag handling box. To the left are gates, for the 2 cars to be loaded.

Ollie

CF Legend
The name of that image that Neo posted is titled "Strow" Isn't that the name of one of the detectives in the SAW films?

jayjay

Giga Poster
Well, now that we can see the full extent of the first picture, I think it's confirmed that it's not cattle pen.

A

Anonymous

neo said:
Yep and seen as Thorpe Park Mania is now the “official” Thorpe Park fan site, they had to go an upstage what I posted earlier

:roll:

Sorry! We do try!

Very much looking forward to this ride, if it looks anything like the renderings it will look amazing IMO.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I love how the entrance to the tunnel looks. I don't care if the rest of the station is a tin can, just keep that gaping hole there and I'll be happy.

In fact, thinking bout how I don't really like squeemish horror films, just have the entrance and nothing else...

Jools

Giga Poster
On the picture of the queue line, do you think the time on the large diagtal clock (if it is that) has any significants? :?

Gazza

Giga Poster
or those who've watched Scooby Doo the Movie (1), you know them swinging axe's, maybe something like that, but obviously high enough not to hit anyone, and maybe not sharp, incase several people loose there hands with there hands up Laughing

My money is on that, or like a Saw or spikes drop down

Well, it has been done before, on a Scooby Doo themed ride no less :lol:

See 0:26 of this video http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1a5CKyS6QKE

Slash

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:
I know the timer is in the film, but do you think they just chose thoughs numbers at random?

I reckon they'll count down untill the next train comes. They have done it before on other rides I've been on.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Thats a brilliant technique to intimidate the rider; although it never gets more tense than a countdown for a launch.

But because Saw has so many trains running at a time would this possible? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.