What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Doubt the counter would be such...

With about 6/7 possible trains... And 2 loading at a time, I don't think the counter would be used in a guest sense...

We may get more staff-related ones though :lol:

Slash

Giga Poster
What like the countdown, will count down untill the point where the employees commit suicide due to boredom (pistol at the ready) :wink:

I stick by my idea, I think that is what the counter means.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Jewls1993 said:
On the picture of the queue line, do you think the time on the large diagtal clock (if it is that) has any significants? :?

Yep.

It's the time it will break down on opening day. :p

Got to admit,this ride is looking sweet.

It's certainly got my juices flowing. :lol:

Jools

Giga Poster
^ :lol:
I really hope it does't show the queuing time, as it would be pointless as your'e already in the queue anyway, prehaps it's predicted time of dispatch or something :? naah, lets face it... random numbers!

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Apparently there is a something scary at the bottom of the main drop. So I think the timer will count down from when the cars are dispatched to when they reach this "trap" at the bottom of the drop. It would make sense and would work properly until the ride breaks down. :roll:

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
^ Yes there has been a lot of conversation about the object at the bottom of the drop. But I don't like the idea of how long it will take until then, as there are weight issues, some cars will travel faster than others, plus like you mentioned, if the ride broke down.
I can just image it with real life time on or somethings, or time until the park closes or something predictable like that.

Lofty

CF Legend
The theming is looking fantastic, I really hope it turns out as well as the artwork!

Anyways, the countodwn, anyone just thought it may be random numbers? I dont actualy think its gunna countdown to something, I honestly think now that it may just be a countdown that doesnt actualy add up to anything!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^ That's exactly what I was thinking! Coz even if it ticked over, going from 0 back to the beginning, only the handful of people in the queue during that section would know. For the rest of the countdown, it would make those queuers think it is counting down to something. My philosophy anyway!

N straight from the beginning, when this theme was announced, I said it had the potential to be amazing if they really worked with the theme. It seems they have done exactly that so far. God I can't wait for this!

Great to get these inside shots. :)

A

Anonymous

loved them picture updates. station is coming along very nicely, cant wait for thorpes latest attraction to open.

spicy

Giga Poster
Thorpe have actually stuck to the plans this time!

The station is actually identical to the plans, this looks very promising so far...

Kebab

Giga Poster
Looks fantastic with the building on its way to completion :p I can see this to be a very intimidating ride. And they will pull this off! I hope :(

It's looking fine at the moment i'm sure it'll look great when its finished :p

marc

CF Legend
Yes the station looks fantastic, I love the way people are talking about the station and the theming.

Why is no one talking about the coaster? after all is that not what this is all for?

Are most of you just going to do the station and leave before going on the coaster?

After going on the coaster twice most people will be bored having to put up the theming in the station again and again.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
Why is no one talking about the coaster? after all is that not what this is all for?

It was completed a month ago, there's only so much you can say about a coaster that's complete but not open!

Also in terms of cost, the theming's about half of this ride, so it is a pretty important element. And it's the only thing that's being constructed :p

Just to be boring and add my voice to the masses, it does look promising so far. Fingers crossed!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm sorry Steve. People are actually excited about this, so they post pointlessness. That's kind of how it works.

I don't see a problem. Personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.