What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
lol anyways...

This is gonna be one long ass process now. Building the coaster is quite often the quickest job. Theming and the wiring is the longest and most often, hardest part.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
13.5 million GBP's, holy crap, they could'a got something WAY better than a Euro Fighter for that money.

That's what,... 20 mill plus USD's?

How much is that steel framed shed costing? ... sheesh.

Speed/Oakwood cost 2 million GBP.

Mark

Strata Poster
Yeah but what theming or structural extras does Speed have?

Normally the amount quoted for a ride price is the TOTAL PROJECT COST. This includes, landscaping, buildings, theming and so on. Therefore 13.5 isn't awful considering how much it would have cost them on getting the reclaimed land from the lake for starters.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Yeah, I guess the land reclamation had to happen no matter what coaster they stuck there so it would prob be expensive either way.

..I think the huge station will prob add a lot to the ride..
It's like part dark ride, part outdoors.

marc

CF Legend
The station building will probably be the cheepest part of the ride, as I said before you can get them from most large hardware stores. Its just metal posts with a roof, the slots have metal sheets it really does not cost must to build that type of structure. We have a large building like that, made the same way, at work and it cost £30,000.

And no I am not putting the coaster down by saying that.

Mark

Strata Poster
Don't forget you have all the inner workings of that building though Marc. Lighting, visual effects, televisions, etc.

marc

CF Legend
Yes good point, I was just talking about the actual building though.

Even with the sound system lights etc I still can not see it costing more than a million, probably half that.

Until we whats in there we wont really know tbh.

Southends Over the Hill cost 1 million and that had all new effects, lights etc.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ You'd be surprised...
A nightclub light rig and sound system can cost well over a million and thats without multiple soundboard which this obviously will have.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Coaster-Fiend said:
Yeah, I guess the land reclamation had to happen no matter what coaster they stuck there so it would prob be expensive either way.

Not had to happen, but probably best if it did happen. They could have made some coaster going over water for most of the ride...

And on the video, Ace our ears? What's that meant to mean??

Mark

Strata Poster
Just another trailer really. Well put together though, especially considering the fact that have used some NoLimits footage and so on.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
? Wait, you had nothing better to do all month, or.....?

End of the day Thorpe Park have dug themselves a little hole, they said they'll release a video every month not knowing that maybe, just maybe, they might run out of ideas.
I'm not all that bothered, they've got their publicity and I'm sure the public aren't interested in soo many virals.
Thorpe gets the publics attention whilst construction and then once again before opening.
The GP don't get wet at the lips like FanBoys/Enthusiasts over closed season, so why bother really?

Get the coaster sorted out rather than make videos just because some arsey ''Enthusiasts'' complained about ''lack of back story''.

Sean

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^The coaster is being sorted at the same time by the construction company they've got building it...

The videos are being done by the park's PR department...

They are henceforth doing both at the same time...

I thought it'd be obvious that....

A-Kid

Giga Poster
MY No Limits video is now up on Youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibyv2AtbdoQ[/youtube]

Though you have all already seen it. Check the video info.... NL by Leigh Hills. Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.