What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
^How can you say the station looks great in it's current state?

Just curious as to how we can say how good a very unfinished building looks...

I meant that it's good to know it's well built.

I guess they could have just slapped wooden boards onto the metal frame, but that would have not boded well for overall longevity.

spicy

Giga Poster
March 09 I believe, I supposed it won't be too long before we see some testing.

Then the topic will grow another 100 pages :lol:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Wow! I'm impressed with that station! After Rita and Stealth I wasn't really expecting a station of that size! Oo how exciting.

I know there are a lot of people sceptic to the idea of this coaster being good, I for one can't wait. If it's done well, I think it'll be absolutley incredible. As long as they really knuckle down with the theme, and make it a really intense, phsycoholgically thrilling experience even before you board the ride. That'll be incredible.

I just have my fingers crossed and hope they play with the theme as well as they possibly can do.

marc

CF Legend
^ 100% agree with you. Well 99% as at the moment the station is still a shell.

But I do find it funny that the main talking point is the station etc and not the coaster!

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes it is. The building is now being enclosed so the only thing we can look out for now is outdoor theming and the surrounding area such as paths and fences. :)

neo

Mega Poster
Some more recent pictures:

http://www.themeuk.net/Thorpe_Eurofight ... _NOV9.html

Also the Saw: The Ride blog has answered some of the questions submitted to them:

http://sawtheride.com/blog/

Thorpe Park said:
Q. How long did the ride take to make and how much did it cost?

A. Work began on the site for the ride back in June 2008 and is due for completion in March 2009 with a total investment of £13.5 million. As Keith has outlined in his Developers Diary, the first ride column was installed on 9th September with the full track completed on 5th October - 27 days.

Q. How high is it in feet and also how fast does it go? And how long is the whole ride on for?

A. The highest point of the ride is 100ft high and it will last for 1 minute 40 seconds. When we carry out the testing of the ride alongside Health & Safety Engineering Consultants (HSEC) we’ll know the exact speed that the ride reaches.

Q. What date is the ride going to open?

A. The ride is due to open Spring 2009.

Q. Do all the rides have those cool cameras that take photos of you at the scariest bits? If so will SAW -The Ride have one?

A. Yes, the ride will have a photo point during the experience, which we’ll let you discover where it is on your first ride. In addition to that, for the first time on a ride at THORPE PARK we are fitting a camera to the front of the ride to film your silly expressions (!) and enable you the opportunity to purchase a DVD of your experience…if you wish.

Your Day at Thorpe Park in 2009?

Ollie

CF Legend
^I don't think so. I think it's just what rides like Bandit ect. does where it has a small camera in front of you that films you as you go round.
Kinda like what Pierre and Sam had done at Flamingoland.

jokerman

Giga Poster
There are hardly any posts at all in the forums on the blog. Do you think that's just because no one can be bothered, or that there isn't enough interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.