What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ok neo, lets tell Disneyland Paris that they've done Indiana Jones all wrong. It should have been Space Mountain because it has a break in the middle where a rock could fall on your head...

jayjay

Giga Poster
I think the low height restriction will be because of the horror theme. Speed and Rage are just bare coasters with no theming. 1.2m height limit opens the ride up to 9 yr olds (guess) and possibly younger people. They'll probably put a recommended age limit on as well, but I think that's the main motive for the tall height restriction.

Well, that's my theory anyway.

neo

Mega Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Ok neo, lets tell Disneyland Paris that they've done Indiana Jones all wrong. It should have been Space Mountain because it has a break in the middle where a rock could fall on your head...

It’s all about suspending disbelief. Say its opening day for Saw: The Ride and a guest rides the ride having seen the films. It is very easy for the guest to think during or after the ride: “These loops are all very good, but this really isn’t something Jigsaw could or would build.” Its easier to say that on Saw: The Ride, than on anything Disneyland would build.

So I said Thorpe Park could have hit two birds with one stone. Re-theme X:\ No Way Out to Saw instead, giving you a more realistic ride for the theme and greater customer satisfaction for the park. That way Jigsaw wouldn’t be stealing blueprints for a new ride, but the keys to a ride Thorpe Park closed due to its poor customer satisfaction.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I disagree.

The people that come off riding it (who aren't all enthusiasts!), will not think so deeply about the storyline, they will just be thinking about how good the ride was.

Then you have the typical forpe chav, who would say something like this "OMGZ dat woz well bad init. Dose loops were immense. And hav I toldz u's bout dat kick arse drop, bruv." The thorpe chav wouldn't think past the ride, let alone the themeing, so seriously enjoy the construction and lets leave it at that.

Oh and then there's the fact, I don't care what "Jigsaw" does, as long as it's themed well and isn't as bad as other eurofighters, then I'm happy.

nealbie

CF Legend
^That as well is a fair enough argument.

But as long as they do theme it well it should be a really brilliant ride experience!

Ollie

CF Legend
I can't wait. And they're actually keeping the inside section a surprise by covering it up before putting the themeing in so we won't know till it opens. :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ I do like that. We may actually have some surprises. In these days, we practically know everything about the coaster before we've seen it. Let's go back to the Oblivion days!

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Phew i'm just glad they didn't theme it on any of the triple x movies (they were so poor i went and sat outside).

How much did they shell out for the rights then? it must of cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended), I'm so so so dissapointed about the theme, i may get shot for this but i would rather they themed it as a generic mine haunted theme rather than piling twenty tons of expectation on the shoulders of a custom eurofighter roller coaster.

And the idea for SAW being in XNWO tent is brilliant, somebody call thorpe park and tell them to cancel SAW and instead, do the XNWO tent up, it has so much potential!

and^^ schumacherferrari, i'm guessing you are very sad today :p

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Just got back from visiting Thorpe and i thought Saw looked a bit better than i was expecting from the pictures. If you go on Loggers Leap you can get a view of it from a better angle, and the final inversion looks REALLY tight.

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
I can't wait. And they're actually keeping the inside section a surprise by covering it up before putting the themeing in so we won't know till it opens. :)

Yeah it's called waterproofing lol

Swat

Hyper Poster
I don't see why people think the themeing will be poor because of the rides name. It being a film should mean it gets a bit more effort. Yes I know its Thorpe but i've got my hopes up for this to be themes pretty well.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
NickkyG said:
Just got back from visiting Thorpe and i thought Saw looked a bit better than i was expecting from the pictures. If you go on Loggers Leap you can get a view of it from a better angle, and the final inversion looks REALLY tight.
I dunno whether to hope that in it being tight it will have forces other than hang-time, or be worried about it hurting on the lateral front.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Personally, I'm trying not to hope or worry about anything. I'm just gonna wait and ride it rather than building any expectations.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Guys... This is a roller coaster theme plus it's in Thorpe park....Get over it! Most of the people who go to TP are not going to think about if Jigsaw could build this, it's all imaginary! All I hope is that the theming has some sort of standard to it!

A

Anonymous

Personally, I was gutted when the annoucement came that it was going to be asociated with the Saw series. I'm not a horror fan at all, plus I'm riding it for the excitment of the ride, not to have some actor jump out on me whilst I'm queuing.

I agree that I would be much happier with an abandoned Mine theme, at least it would fit into Canada Creek a lot better, plus would have allowed them to generate their own ideas and story rather than fork out for an association.

I know I'm slagging it off, and will contradict myself by riding it next year, but I'll be going for the ride itself rather than the film association, so I'm going to be one of those stereotypes that doesn't understand the theming I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.