What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm going to Thorpe on Saturday, I'll ask or something, but knowing how quickly Eurofighters go up, if they put it up at around August, it might be ready for Fright Nights? Prehaps thats what they're saving it for aye?

Ollie

CF Legend
^They are advertising a new attraction for fright nights. ;)

But it definitely won't be ready for then. :(

Dave

CF Legend
Jewls1993 said:
I'm going to Thorpe on Saturday, I'll ask or something, but knowing how quickly Eurofighters go up, if they put it up at around August, it might be ready for Fright Nights? Prehaps thats what they're saving it for aye?

Don't be daft. The ride will start construction in October/November, as the tower part of the ride is the most difficult section to build because of the complex of the tower structure.
Footers need to be laid first which im sure we'll see in the coming months.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jewls1993 said:

It will not be done for Fright Nights...

At least unlikely to be physically open, much like Stealth, probs used as some form of advertisment for next year...

And who would you ask... We all know staff ain't got a clue bout new rides...

Leighton

Mega Poster
Dave said:
Don't be daft. The ride will start construction in October/November, as the tower part of the ride is the most difficult section to build because of the complex of the tower structure.

The tower is one of the simplest things to build, its not like it comes in lots of seperate steel bars that need to be bolted together, the whole structure is welded:

p15762.jpg

And is made up of 2-3 sections since you can put 75ft easily on the back of a low loaded, and this makes it quite simple to assemble, where they can either assemble it on the ground and lift it vertically, or assemble it peice by peice.
The tower could be completed in about 1/2 a day.

Here you can see that the tower is fully constructed, and then split into sections to ship it to the park.
fert01g.jpg

Vertical construction is unlikely to start yet, Speed took around 4 weeks to get all the supports and track in place. We may see some station track and the pre lift section go in, Since they need to build the theming around that.

Dave

CF Legend
Leighton said:
Dave said:

The tower is one of the simplest things to build, its not like it comes in lots of seperate steel bars that need to be bolted together, the whole structure is welded:

Noo i meant the actual bottom section, as it takes a while to place that piece.

Leighton

Mega Poster
fert03gmm4.jpg

It will actually take longer to install this huge lump on a portable eurofighter than it will on one with proper foundations.

The base has the small section of tower on it to line the rest up with, its a case of lowering the first tower section onto the foundation block, tighten 8 bolts, add the next section, tighten bolts, and so on until it is completed, a good team of steel workers could probably do the tower (with track) in less than a day.

With a proper foundation it is alot easier, since the whole tower is just lined up with bolts sticking out of the concrete.

aufbau33gxi9.jpg

aufbau32gyt5.jpg

This shows the theory I suggested earlier, which would see the team build the tower flat on the ground then lift it onto the foundation (base on the portable) which would make the job even quicker since it is only one major lift.

Dave

CF Legend
But with this in mind they might only do a 60ft section. As I don't there is enough room for the 110ft tower to be layed on its side...or is there?

Leighton

Mega Poster
Typhoon is 90ft, Thorpes eurofigher is 100ft, its not much of a difference to make a huge change to the construction process.

Since none of us have see the full size of the site, we can't really comment on that.

Whatever way they choose to construct it, it still won't take them more than a day.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I don't see vertical construction taking very long as Eurofighters can go up incredibly quickly.

The surrounding area and themeing will take a while as it's a completely new island it's going on.

I hope Thorpe pull this one off.

Leighton

Mega Poster
UncleArly said:
I don't see vertical construction taking very long as Eurofighters can go up incredibly quickly.

The surrounding area and themeing will take a while as it's a completely new island it's going on.

Leighton already said:
Speed took around 4 weeks to get all the supports and track in place. We may see some station track and the pre lift section go in, Since they need to build the theming around that.

Ollie

CF Legend
The rides being themed around lorry's and digger's? What happened to the Mine theme? :p

And yeah Dave's already said what I was going to say, hence the stupid comment. :lol:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
My mate sent me this, not sure if it's already been posted.

euro1rn0.jpg

I'm not sure who took the picture though, so KUDOS TO YOU IF YOU FIND THIS =).

A

Anonymous

That..Is..Rather..Cool..

Although Thorpe are bad at themeing and such..You musty hand it to their Marketing Team, They do pull some really fab advertisment..

Status
Not open for further replies.