What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

That picture is from Theme UK. :--D

The poster looks great, hopefully it's hinting towards a dark horror/gory theme.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Looks really good actually, good advertising, they should really put one up outside the gates on that billboard area, more advertisement!

One question, where was that picture taken? Can't make out where it is.

A

Anonymous

Notice the blood splatters? This is planned to be a very dark and sinister ride...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I can't see this being a world class coaster, but definately could be up there in the top 10 UK if they pull everything off :)

Is John Wardley theming the ride? If so he may pull it off like Nemmie's eerie setting. I wonder... :wink:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Atm the area is still dirt...

The green containers (which are probably site offices) have been moved around a bit...

I heard drilling so ground preparation for the footers is beginning it would seem... Probably for both the building and coaster...

Aside from that, not much is happening at all...

Kebab

Giga Poster
At least there is activity :lol:

I can't see the whole thing popping up in a matter of a day..

A

Anonymous

They are definately starting some sort of construction, as i went past today and saw there was a big green crane.
maybe starting to build the station as they don't seem to have recieved any track yet.

A

Anonymous

I would assume they are drilling holes for piles as I'm pretty sure you can't put normal foundations straight onto infill.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
The green containers (which are probably site offices) have been moved around a bit...

All those are site offices?
Come on Benin, even you are smarter than that! :lol:

I'd say 1 of them is and office at the most. They have facilities around the park for other things.

A

Anonymous

I would say they are offices, you usually have one for the project manager, one for the surveyors, one for breaks with it's kettle, fridge and so on and one for locking away tools such as drills.

Some of the housing developments my dad gets involved in often rent out 10 or more office containers so that different people can get on with different paperwork relating to their job. It's not uncommon.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ All of them are offices?

So even the crates stacked ontop of eachother are offices too?

Of course...

Don't forget that all the work is done by local UK firms. 1 or 2 offices is about all they need. Afterall, where were all the offices for Stealth 3 years ago?
I didn't see any.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
^ All of them are offices?

So even the crates stacked ontop of eachother are offices too?

Of course..

site1.jpg

Its possible.

Oh Dear. What is this?

stepssl9.png

steps2xz9.png

Do a bit of research before you make assumptions.

I believe that is what they call 'pwned'. :lol:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Only you would zoom in! LOL

Fair play, I did say at the most 2, and there is 2... I just think it's daft as there everything is source in the UK and are all local companies...

However I still can't see how ALL of those are offices, as everyone is suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.