What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush

Giga Poster
Inversionperson said:
Also, I couldn't help thinking, it's a shame that they are putting up the coaster in full view and ruining the surprise, but then I thought, actually, they are better off doing that because it encourages more people to come next year...

Surely that's a good thing for Thorpe. That way more people are going to say, 'Fukin hell tha' looks sik innnit...' and so they decide to go back again next year. Especially due to it being complete by Fright Nights, the most popular event at Thorpe.

The more publicity they can get for it the better and if people are more likely to return after seeing complete coaster track then piles of dirt.

Dave

CF Legend
Ok, your all saying this should've been a suprise right?
Who here actually has been in the park while its being constructed? When it was being topped off I could hear loads of people talking about it and saying things like "thats vertical" etc. This is good as its making people talk about the ride, in a positive way.

When someone positive happens that person will tell at least 4 people about it, whether it be their mates standing nearby or on facebook later that day.
Where as us silly enthusiasts will find one negative and bitch about it with 400 people on a internet forum.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Where as us silly enthusiasts will find one negative and bitch about it with 400 people on a internet forum.

Publicity is publicity.

What is it they say? Theres no such thing as bad publicity. Something like that lol.

I was hoping to find an update, but never mind, just read through three pages of randomness.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
From the link above by neo.

oct08-20.jpg

That's the final turn.

Looks like it'll still be going nice and quick as it approaches the brakes, so hopefully it'll have good pacing and won't die after the MCBR.

Ollie

CF Legend
Next update from Thorpe is on Monday.
Hopefully it'll be the rides name. And it may be the final update from Thorpe as the horror theme of the coaster fits in with Fright Nights.
I don't see why people think it's going to be themed on the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' though. They would have to get licenses and all that, and I'm sure Merlin are going to give us something original here. :D

Kebab

Giga Poster
Over 1000 posts now :lol:

I hope it does a "Dragon Khan", where the MCBR doesn't actually slow it down at all and keeps the pace. Looks very interesting imo; looks a lot tighter than Speed considering its only 15 feet smaller :p

Just replying back to Ollie; thanks for the reminder there! I am 95% sure they'll reveal the name, and as the ride being very close to completion I have I expectations this WILL be the final update. I hope its a good update at that :)

cwoastaff

Roller Poster
well the 13th is when thorpe reveals the name and all of the thorpe park staff will be told 1hour before the video is released yay for me lol

A

Anonymous

Does anyone else think that "The Curse" may be somehow linked to the new ride? It opens on the 13th, I think it could be telling the story it will be themed on, it would certainly generate more interest.

EDIT:

Venture into a disturbing crime scene, full of dark and terrifying secrets that have lay dormant for 50 years. Investigators have shut down the area for fear of unleashing The Curse and sending everyone to a watery grave.

The dormant for 50 years thing sounds like it could be relted to the box found in the second video (which had suposedly been there for some time), we have also seen investigations in the 'statement' video.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
What is it they say? Theres no such thing as bad publicity. Something like that lol.

Seriously though, in this case, that statement is very true.

Thorpe are building up hype for this thing, whether its good or bad.

...or a result of the fact that half of this forum's population lives mere hours from it and there's not a whole lot else to celebrate in the UK for next season...

Yeah I know what your getting at UC. :)

Not alot for us northern monkeys to look forward to next season as it stands lol.

Ollie

CF Legend
Project Dan said:
Does anyone else think that "The Curse" may be somehow linked to the new ride? It opens on the 13th, I think it could be telling the story it will be themed on, it would certainly generate more interest.

EDIT:

Venture into a disturbing crime scene, full of dark and terrifying secrets that have lay dormant for 50 years. Investigators have shut down the area for fear of unleashing The Curse and sending everyone to a watery grave.

The dormant for 50 years thing sounds like it could be relted to the box found in the second video, we have also seen investigations in the 'statement' video.
I doubt it as the new coaster isn't themed to a ship. I'm still open to possibility's though. :p

Jools

Giga Poster
That dive loop looks like it will hurt, let alone the turn thing.
When I know the name of the ride, I probaly won't care until the cars arrive :p

jokerman

Giga Poster
I didn't realise quite how big the station was going to be. it looks enormous. Lets ope it doesn't ruin the view from the othe rside of the lake, and that it helps to build up anticipation.

Ollie

CF Legend
I want it to be big. Picture walking into the area with a big abandoned sawmill in front of you and all you can hear is screams from inside, and the thunder of the cars going around you outside. :p

Also in this photo the ride track makes a very rude picture. :lol:
100_0684.JPG
[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.