What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL-8R9LR-pk[/youtube]

The best video of the rides layout i've seen.

Tom

Hyper Poster
^ Made by our very own A-Kid! (I think)

All the construction is working well, and the track is goin up ridiculously quickly.

Mark

Strata Poster
Excellent video...

But it has left me with a few more doubts about this ride. It just seems like it dies after the airtime hill. I could be very much mistaken though, especially considering it is only a video. The inline twist bit seems like it will give some hang time too, I actually hope it isn't too slow through that!

marc

CF Legend
After seeing the video I really hope the theming is good as the coaster just seems like a load of corners. I still do not see the point of the MCBR.

I think this is going to be one of them coasters that looks good but thats about it.

I am still not expecting much from it, I do hope I am wrong. I think most people are still going to prefer to ride the other coasters in the park more times than this. Maybe ride this once but that will be it so I dont think its going to be a great addition to the park.

When Stealth, Inferno etc opened for example you wanted to go on them a few times in the day, I just dont think this will be the same.

The part in the building looks like it will be the best bit of the ride.

Maybe I am being to harsh and should wait for it to open, but it just looks boring and the same as UC says.

Ben

CF Legend
The twist looks fun, but then it does just seem to hit the drop and all go downhill from there (no pun intended).

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Marc - Because the cars are being dispatched at a fast rate, MCBR is needed so that no trains are left on the lift and can enter an empty block. I can see this running 5 cars.

Lets stop judging the ride from an inaccurate recreation or the ride. We can only judge once we've stuck our butts on it.

marc

CF Legend
Erol, yes I know that.

I just hope they keep them off thats all.

Most parks that have them tend to near enough bring the coaster to a halt. To me that looks like what they are using these for as well.

Mark

Strata Poster
I'm not fussed about the MCBRs at all, they just help improve throughput. Most coasters that have them don't bring the coaster to a halt at all...

Silver Star... Poseidens Fury... Dragons Fury.... Speed.... Spinball Whizzer....

All of them have MCBRs but none of them stop the coaster straight out unless there is a problem.

marc

CF Legend
Yes and it kills that part of the ride, Speed's is there in my view to change the direction of the track or you would go into the twist to fast. Bad planning if you ask me and they needed the MCBR just to include that element. Thorpe's has no need for it, slow the coaster down another way.

Speed has 2 trains, only ran 1 and used the MCBR, so there was no need to blocl section the coaster.

Hulk, Kraken etc all near enough bring the coaster to a stop.

I am just not a fan of MCBR thats all, I just find the coasters are never the same after them.

Anyway this is going off topic a bit.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
^Er, Speed has 3 (had 4, until it vanished.) I never really notice any speed difference going on and coming off that MCBR myself, so I don't see what the problem is...

It makes little difference on eurofighters because they lose and gain speed so quickly, any lost is quickly regained.

marc

CF Legend
Oh ok only saw 2 at the live.

I really noticed the speed drop, yes it picks it up again but you go slow though the twist.

As I said I am probably being to critical, I just dont like MCBR thats just me, same as I dont like trims.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
Yes and it kills that part of the ride, Speed's is there in my view to change the direction of the track or you would go into the twist to fast. Bad planning if you ask me and they needed the MCBR just to include that element. Thorpe's has no need for it, slow the coaster down another way.

Speed has 2 trains, only ran 1 and used the MCBR, so there was no need to blocl section the coaster.

Hulk, Kraken etc all near enough bring the coaster to a stop.

I am just not a fan of MCBR thats all, I just find the coasters are never the same after them.

Anyway this is going off topic a bit.

I disagree with you when you say Kraken, it had no affect when I rode it, it just hurtled past it, and thats the reaosn why it's one of my favourites (the forceful loop and airtime you get from the drop coming off the MCBR, plus the hill and tight inversions are good too (best on side)

marc

CF Legend
For us on Kraken, Montu and the Hulk the MCBR was on and it slowed the coaster down so much, I would not post it if it did not.

When I rode Kraken years ago they were not on and I agree the coaster was forceful but now its it, Kraken used to be one of my best coasters now its not even in my top 10 for this reason. I was let down by it, this was last year btw.

A MCBR can change a coaster so much. Same as California Screaming, we rode the coaster 6 times and only caught the last brake. Our last go on it we hit the last 3 and as a result went though the helix slow and this is normally quiet forceful. So had it always done this the coaster would be low in my rating but as it only happened once it was high in my rating.

Sorry for going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.