What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
Wow! I want to ride Hydra!
I hope that the big main ride will be good too, to me it seems abit short, prehaps it will be abit like Nemesis, fun but short :/

A

Anonymous

Rach said:
Jewls1993 said:
Anyway, I wonder if they will have a boarding system like Oblivion (when there are two cars loading at the same time), like AIR (split) or like a spinning coaster where they just keep loading the empty cars in the station.

This is my take on it and from what I saw on Saturday.

On Saturday while gazing at it, Dave spotted a number of air gates (Can't remember how many were there, but it was more than 2) lying just behind a lorry. So my guess is going to be that it is going to load in Oblivion style with the 2 trains loading at once. Looking at the length of the station, this seems possible.

Only time will tell, but I can personally see Oblivion style.
2 trains loading, 3 trains offload by the looks of it, from the plans :)

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Swat said:
I didn't realise how high that is look at the man standing there hes tiny.

It looks really quite huge in person as well, which I thought was good.

There wasn't much work going on yesterday, but I saw a man!

1zv8h3d.jpg

Don't have a clue what he was doing though.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow. I never knew that drop out of the station was so big. I hadn't seen a pic where there was a bloke next to it. It really puts it into perspective.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
UncleArly said:
Wow. I never knew that drop out of the station was so big. I hadn't seen a pic where there was a bloke next to it. It really puts it into perspective.

Same! I had pretty much thought it was half the height! And things always look higher when you're on top of them too... is the inside section pitch black or just dark?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Swat said:
Insane, There on about the picture on page 62.
Sorry to be so anal, but you mean they're Again, I apologise, but it's simple grammar and it bugs me. :p

I agree with Arly actually. I thought that it was going to be a little dip out of the station. It's actually far bigger that I expected. That's only a good thing though!

Jools

Giga Poster
It seems the updates have came to a stand still :(

Does anyone know what they are constructing next?

A

Anonymous

You can't expect updates every single day. If you do it will kill you in the closed-season!

jokerman

Giga Poster
CJH said:
You can't expect updates every single day. If you do it will kill you in the closed-season!

If they carry on at the rate they have been going, the track may well almost be finished by the closed season. Although that is unlikely.

I do worry for the mental health of some of the members here, they get really obsessive. Me included.

A

Anonymous

Nice too see that they are heading for the turnaround.

Yes maybe the track will be done before the closed season. But updates will be posted when they are. No need for pointless posts asking is there any updates.

As I said they will be posted when there is an update.

Otherwise we going to have 200 pages full of ****!

neo

Mega Poster
Jewls1993 said:
BUT I see a problem, doesn't it break before the barrel roll?

Yes, there are permanent eddy current fins in place on the MCBR before the heart line roll.

The final break run has been installed on the ride. There are also pieces for the dive loop on site, but I assume they’ll wait until the airtime hill and MCBR is complete before constructing the dive loop. As it’ll be tricky regarding site access.

Anyway, just thirteen days until Dylan’s nightmare is revealed.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Looks like there'll be some awfully effective near misses with the trees at this point. I'm liking it a lot :p

Ollie

CF Legend
^They took the brakes out remember. after the next bit it'll go into an airtime hill. The that tight overbank thing and then it'll go into a MCBR.
I think. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.