What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That was crap.

Sorry, I could do so much better.

The cheesy red box with 13 on it. And the "screams" from the workers. What was with the quick shot of the guy with blood on him.

That was crap. Thorpe are gonna milk this for all its worth I'm guessing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It was ****. Let's be honest, utter ****.

Thorpe are just overplaying this too much.

Like Arly said, I could've done better...

*sigh*

Once again, Thorpe disappoint.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
I don't see the big deal - what were we really gonna expect?
I'd rather see crappy low budget films like this being made, knowing that the real money is used on the actual ride.......

There have been complaints about Thorpe not having a back story for their coasters, we're getting one (cheap, yes) and there's still complaints?

Sure this wasn't needed but at least thought is being put into this and I'm quite happy. A mini site is pointless, in my opinion - we've got Coaster Force & Thorpe Park Guide to fill us in with construction pictures and crap of the sort, THORPEPARK You Tube to upload videos & THORPEPARK Myspace & Facebook sites to promote........

Why waste good money on a Minisite/Movie like videos/Trailers?
This, I don't think, is costing a penny - I mean we've got.....
Builders trying to act
A penny box with '13' scratched onto it
Video edit

Fine - as long as the real time and effort goes into themeing......

Coaster_Monkey

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
coaster_monkey said:
I don't see the big deal - what were we really gonna expect?
I'd rather see crappy low budget films like this being made, knowing that the real money is used on the actual ride.......

There have been complaints about Thorpe not having a back story for their coasters, we're getting one (cheap, yes) and there's still complaints?

Sure this wasn't needed but at least thought is being put into this and I'm quite happy. A mini site is pointless, in my opinion - we've got Coaster Force & Thorpe Park Guide to fill us in with construction pictures and crap of the sort, THORPEPARK You Tube to upload videos & THORPEPARK Myspace & Facebook sites to promote........

Why waste good money on a Minisite/Movie like videos/Trailers?
This, I don't think, is costing a penny - I mean we've got.....
Builders trying to act
A penny box with '13' scratched onto it
Video edit

Fine - as long as the real time and effort goes into themeing......

Coaster_Monkey

Excellent post!

Thorpe coaster construction tends to attract massive amounts of hype from enthusiasts yet the actual ride experience is usually slated.

I just hope that they are not hyping up something that ends up being a damp squid.

Thorpe is not Disney. The rides do not need a story.

Swat

Hyper Poster
I love the origanality of thorpes thinking a Mine themed Eurofighter with promo videos *Cough Mistery Mine Cough*

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I actually really like it.

Viral marketing is the way forward.

It may just be a small video but it keeps the interest going and gives the idea of the ride a bit of a story. You can't expect anything of a grand scale before the ride is even near to opening.

In a nutshell, it does no harm. We could have had nothing at all.

Nic

Strata Poster
This is a great idea, just a shame that it hasn't been executed that well. And yeah, as Ian said, shame we're being kept 'in suspense' when we already know what we're getting. Still, completely agree with monkey that if they're gonna spend money, it's best to do it on the coaster than a load of publicity.

Sorry, I've just realised I've not actually made a point or added anything to do discussion. Still, why be any different to the rest of the topic? ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
Les face it, it's a roller coaster that is being built in one of the UK's best theme parks, so we are going to expect big things right? So you wan these things from Thorpe, you get them, but you were expecting more, something is telling me in the back of my mind the ride will open to crap reviews if the themeing isn't 100% because we were all expecting good themeing, well... thats what it seems to me.
At leas we have SOMETHING

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I'd rather have them concentrate on the problems that Thorpe (and the others) suffer from whilst improving, not making it look as cramped as Blackpool...

Wow... 13... Horror themed mine shaft with some guy who probably killed everyone and will be after you...

Not that I care much for Thorpe's attempts at storylines within areas anymore... They haven't existed since Tidal Wave...

Jools

Giga Poster
I hope the 15+ rule becomes true, it should cut the queue times by a mile! Plus, I'm 15 this year, just old enough to ride it!

And I wonder what they do to samurai :?

EDIT: THIS WAS SAID ON THE DYLAN MINISITE UNDER THE HEADING: UNCONFIRMED

Jools

Giga Poster
Samurai was ment to be rethemed to the same area, and 15+ because it was ment to contain clips of a 15+ movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.