What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think the theming will probably be above average for Thorpe, but nothing too special. Also, won't it look slightly out of place, because you can see it from the area around colossus?

Lofty

CF Legend
Thats just like saying that most coasters that are themed in park's with areas lookm outta place... Say like when you look at Dragon Khan and see Stampida too, it doesnt really matter!

I dont think it does anyhows!

Emmett

Giga Poster
So is it a case now of waiting for the birds nest to be moved or will they have to work around that area and not include certain theming.

neo

Mega Poster
Emmett said:
So is it a case now of waiting for the birds nest to be moved or will they have to work around that area and not include certain theming.

They need to wait for the birds to leave the nest before they can move it. All it really means is that the ground preparation will last longer than anticipated. An that they'll have to hire the ground work machinery for a little longer. Whether that means less money for theming remains to be seen.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^But UK is the very personification of Development Hell... Basically, you can't move a rock without getting permission from somewhere...

But aren't there a lot of educated people in the UK that know the art of Birdnest moving? And isn't England so large that there are more places to put a bird? And what kind of bird is it, exactly? Don't tell me that they are postponing a coaster for the sake of one of these birds you cat kill a dozen of every week?
Reminds me of that moment in the movie Madagascar, where one of the guys just resque a duck, put it gently on the water, where a crocodile snaps it in half after three seconds. That's the way of nature, don't expect the bird to live forever even if you let it be now. If not the bulldozer crew kills it, some pet will, just a bit later. Or a car, or a window, or some windmill...

marc

CF Legend
As I said before you are not allowed to move the nest until the young have left it, once they have been left it can move removed.

A

Anonymous

Wow. Has this happened before? I'm gunna come down to thorpe to go on the ride even though its four hours away.

Smithy

Strata Poster
The thing is, if they did move it, there would be protests at the front gate from animal right activists claiming that Thorpe Park will burn in hell because a little bird had to set up nest elsewhere.

Dave

CF Legend
Well about a decade ago Portsmouth FC couldn't build a new football ground due to a gathering of rare Geese, so it can happen.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yes it is :lol:

I think that they've tried to move grounds 3 or 4 times now in the last decade, and one such time was stopped due to some rare geese or something. I vaguely remember watching something about it on 'Premier League Preview' once.

So yes something to that effect did happen :p

Swat

Hyper Poster
10WaTT said:
Swat said:
I expect brilliant themeing nothing like Mistery Mine at Dollywood but better than Speed at Oakwood.

Your saying Speed has theming, or did I just not see it at the CF-live :shock:

Speed has themeing... Alot of the mud didn't get there its self :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
Well I will only find this concerning if it means that the coaster cannot happen at all!

But at the moment this is not the case so to quote Miss. Tate "Am I bothered?"

(no, no I'm not :lol: )

Dave

CF Legend
According to Jewlsy babe the name is revealed on the 13th August. Surely no one has noticed a copyright form go through yet?

Lain

Giga Poster
Dave said:
According to Jewlsy babe the name is revealed on the 13th August. Surely no one has noticed a copyright form go through yet?

It may not be the name, but something is happening on the 13th, if the trailer is anything to go by.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, im off on the 12th to Thorpe, so ill get some snaps and perhaps something info about Dylan, but to be honest, i dont think that they will announce anything major on the 13th...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Depends on how Thorpe are gonna market the thing what's announced on Friday...

For the last lot though, the announcements on names weren't made until the off-season, so we may get sommat, we may not...

Status
Not open for further replies.