What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
lol Well the rest of the ride we'll have to see upon completion. For now, we have the concept of the station and the surrounding area which looks fantastic.

Ben

CF Legend
The concept may look great, but Erol, you do realise what park we're talking about here don't you?

If not, you can sit in Stealth's planned Grandstand and think about it. Oh wait.

marc

CF Legend
Ben said:
The concept may look great, but Erol, you do realise what park we're talking about here don't you?

If not, you can sit in Stealth's planned Grandstand and think about it. Oh wait.

Lol made me laugh anyway :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ben said:

You do know who owns the park now don't you?

marc

CF Legend
We do hense why Thorpe have got a coaster that was meant to go to a park a few miles down the road. If its true what some people have said :)

Anyway enough I will see what its like when its completed.

marc

CF Legend
Were they, I thought the plans changed last year after Merlin took over. Does not matter tbh its being built and thats that really.

Ben

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Ben said:

You do know who owns the park now don't you?

Yes. A group who've proved nothing to me other then stinging us more and more for annual passes and providing a poorly run visit the last time I went to one of their parks.

I have no more faith in Merlin then the old management. Especially since all their "big investment" has boiled down to is a cheap and cheerful coaster that's more targeted at lesser parks rather then one of the most expensive in the World.

If they prove me wrong, great, but I see no reason to trust Merlin not to cock up the theming in exactly the same ways that Tussauds used to.

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
As far as i can remeber fuga de atlantide had just opened when i went so i can deffinately remeber the merlin entertainment logo displayed around the park.

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
Yeah thanks i almost forgot about that and it looks just as well themed as a disney ride i mean it looks fantastic. So if we are looking at merlin producing these sort of rides i would guess that the euro fighter coming to thorpe will be just as well themed as that.

Ben

CF Legend
See, as great as that ride is, it's a totally different park. A totally different country, too, incidentally.

Gardaland is a well themed park, and so anything built there has to live up to that. Thorpe's a **** hole, so anything built, just has to fit in.

So just because Gardaland can build rides, doesn't instantly mean Thorpe will be able to.

As I say, it'll be great if they manage it, but I just look at the rest of the park, look at the obvious budget cuts that have already gone into the ride (I highly doubt a Eurofighter was the first choice), and worry that come March next year, there will be lots of disappointed fanboys. At least I won't be.

marc

CF Legend
I will go there with an open mind and see whats its like.

I am going to try and stay out this topic now as then I might be supprised when I see the new coaster.

It will be very intresting to see how it runs, in terms of brakes downs etc. Other parks that have these coasters have very few problems.

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
They do not have much room left at thorpe so a euro fighter might have been the top of the list because it can fit into small spaces it is not like they could fit in a B&M flyer it simply would be too big.I agree it is a **** hole at the moment but parks can be changed into nice holes.

spicy

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
we do hense why Thorpe have got a coaster that was meant to go to a park a few miles down the road. If its true what some people have said

Where did you hear that? What it was supposedly planned for Chessington?

Status
Not open for further replies.