What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Nah, it will work all year long. It's not a software driven coaster like B&M's and Intamin. It's all hardware, so we are safe <3

How come B&M need software to drive their coasters? I mean B&M aren't highly technological in most of their coasters and all of them use lift hills.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Only just seen the station and the ****ty saw after the drop, which I thought would be covered and implemented into a building somehow. It looks temporary.

As for the building. It screams of RCT, in that it's just square, with no substance. Hideous. It doesn't even look good.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Slash said:
Screaming Coasters said:
Nah, it will work all year long. It's not a software driven coaster like B&M's and Intamin. It's all hardware, so we are safe <3

How come B&M need software to drive their coasters? I mean B&M aren't highly technological in most of their coasters and all of them use lift hills.

What you say is true, but they have opted to run their sensors and safety system through a software based operating system. By doing that, you are also running the block sections through it as well. I assume they have gone for this so that it makes programming and sequencing easier. There's much more to go wrong and most breakdowns on B&M and Intamin are because of software failure and resets.

Companies like Vekoma opt for a hardware driven system for reliability. Though they still have a small piece of software to display whats going on with the ride, but thats about it, it's not controlling the ride.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Just a few pics taken 18.2.09 when we had a wander after getting our Annual Passes.

Preparing New Piece

New bit of Theming added today 18th Feb

New bit in place

Ollie

CF Legend
Great pics Beans. It's amazing how much they've done in a couple of days.
The fencing looms pretty cool actually.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Thanks guys, the ones that Thorpeparkmania posted in the previous link are identical to the ones I took Saturday, I swear they must have been thaking thim over my shoulder, great minds!!

Thought I might beat them to this one for Coasterforce!!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Actually you know what?
Saw is looking pretty damn smart, if I do say so myself!

Now it's looking like a class ride and now it looks a littler more menacing. Lets just see if the inside is any better!

Ollie

CF Legend
^I wasn't saying you did. It just don't get why some people say it looks awful and then as soon as they add a fence and a chimney it looks great. :lol:

I soooo can't wait to ride this in 23 days. If it's open on time that is. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
And to think it's gone from this:
100_0688.jpg

to this....
thorpe182098nc2.jpg

Is pretty damn ****ing amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.