What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I wish they'd add more theming to the rest of the ride.. from what it looks so far the only theming after the lift will be that big saw. The whole rear section of the ride is going to seem really bare, or is that just me? Are they planning on adding anything in the section behind the warehouse?

I'd hope they would, otherwise the majority of the ride will be a bit of a casual trip to the woods, not a hair raisingly close call with death..

They've got all that lovely theming out front, but it'll mean nowt if it doesnt add to the ride experience.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^There's not much point in putting anything major outside really. The whole point of the horror theme is to keep you in suspense and scared of what ever is coming up. That increases more when you don't know what it is which is why loads of people are wondering what's inside.
Also there isn't much outdoor stuff you can do with the Saw films as most of the films are all interior as that is where all the traps and rooms are.
And even if there was something outside because the train is moving so fast you'll be past it before you get a chance to look at it.

marc

CF Legend
Ollie most stations start off like that Saw is no different lol :)

Look how Mamba started off and finished and the new coaster in Germany.

Ollie will you admit it if the ride does not live up to your hype? Also you say the theme on the coaster does not matter right, well hang on a second I thought it was Saw the Ride or is it now Saw the Station? This is my main issue with the whole concept.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
^^There's not much point in putting anything major outside really. The whole point of the horror theme is to keep you in suspense and scared of what ever is coming up. That increases more when you don't know what it is which is why loads of people are wondering what's inside.
Also there isn't much outdoor stuff you can do with the Saw films as most of the films are all interior as that is where all the traps and rooms are.
And even if there was something outside because the train is moving so fast you'll be past it before you get a chance to look at it.

Yeah I suppose, but you've got to agree that adding some more headchoppers towards the back could add heavily to the ride. Like getting some rusty girders crossing over above the track say around the airtime hill, or a simple corrugated iron tunnel around the MCBR to keep things interesting. Nothing too expensive to make, but it would add heavily to the latter part of the ride.

Otherwise I can see this coaster being scary towards the beginning but then just fizzling out. And atleast that way it would give the latter part of the coaster meaning, instead of just being a sort of 'ooh look the saw missed you so instead jigsaw will send you round a forest for no apparent reason'

It'll be the whole difference between Saw being an amazing ride, and it being just another average creation by Thorpe.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^^Yes but they can't call it Saw the ride if it doesn't have any themeing to show it's themed to the films
And this is completely different to how most other parks approach themeing their coasters.
They are doing a whole inside pre-ride section before it heads outside.
Thorpe are giving off the idea that there are two parts to the ride. The whole indoor section where there's been lots of talk of high tech props and scares and then the outdoor section that everyone has seen and knows about.
Both parts come together to create the whole RIDE part of Saw the RIDE. So the indoor section is just as important as the outdoor coaster half.

And yes if this (or any other) ride doesn't live up to it's hype then I will admit it.
Remember the bashing I gave Silver Star? That was after everyone hyping it up and myself hyping it up. Then when I rode it and saw how crap it was I mention it every time I hear someone talk about it. :p

marc

CF Legend
We all got off that and said it was **** so yeah I think you would do the same, sorry about that.

I said from day 1 this to me was a 2 part ride, a walk though then a ride.

Mark

Strata Poster
I agree with Crazycoaster though, some additional crazy head choppers and so on around the latter half of the ride would still help make it consistent throughout and keep up the fear rather then it petering off. Rusty spikes and nails galore sticking out of a tunnel as you pass through would be great etc...

Ollie

CF Legend
I wasn't counting the queue I was saying part 1 was the indoor coaster section and then the second part is the outdoor track.
The queue is going to be great though. You're going to see well known props and scenes from the films and there are going to be several scares before you even get the change to head up the stairs to the platform. I'm not allowed to say yet exactly what props and scenes but you won't be disappointed (unless you hate horror and lots of blood) as you won't be just walking past things there will be some interaction ;)

Also just because you've got off the ride, don't think you're safe too quickly.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
But will the scares actually work? Will they have a system that lets only a couple of people in a room at each time, or will people just be queuing throughout? If its the latter, I can see some of the scares becoming reaaally old reaaally fast..

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Not if your kept inside a fence, Which I think they may have to do to keep it with the 'Queue' theme.
Meh, just a stab in the dark really.

And just to confirm.. Ollie is correct :wink:

nealbie

CF Legend
I'm starting to like the sound of this ride again now! :p

And according to signage in the park it WILL be open on the 14th!

Ali

Mega Poster
The que sounds AMAZING! Can't wait to ride this at Easter! I'm gonna ride it once then if it's awesome go and buy a fast track for it! If I buy the fast track will I still get to see the interaction and scenes in the que?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm sure you will. It would be a bit annoying to spend all that money, and then be told you have to miss out on half the ride!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Just got back from Thorpe. It looked pretty good to me. They were working on the path/bridge to the ride.

Also: Saw's overbanked turn is pretty, well overbanked, but it doesn't count as an inversion does it? even though it's just as upside down as Colossus' cobra roll that counts as 2.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think they are counting it as one. Someone likened it to the inversion on rage which they count as one. I think that it is just very heavily overbanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.