What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
UC said:
How? Have you ridden the ride?

Let's face it, it isn't like anyone really ranked on Th13teen from an educated perspective regarding the advertising until they rode it.

I'm just sick and tired of people assuming that this thing will be intense simply because it's a new B&M prototype.

Alton did the exact same type of advertising. That's a fact. Right down to the actors.
I certainly wasn't doing any such a thing. I think it's going to be more like Air. Which was also... a B&M... prototype? Doesn't make it ****. Air's ten times better than the more intense Superman or Manta. "Intense" is a subjective word, they can use it however the **** they want, on the flyers you get intensity from annoying hanging headrush and awkward positioning. Most rides give you the illusion of intensity, caused by restraints and seating position, in my opinion, and insane directional changes. G-forces have little to nothing to do with it. Intimidator 305 clearly has the most G-forces for the longest sustained period that I've been on, making it the most intense ride in terms of g-force I've been on. But due to it's appalling first drop with no sensation of speed building up, draw out directional change on that first part, and no sudden spike of g-force (even if it were LESS), it doesn't seem intense at all. Compared to it's second half, where it must be traveling slower, but endless directional changes and ground hugging make it seem far more intense at this part.

Anyway, my point is, intensity can mean whatever they want it to really. And who cares. We didn't fall for it with 13.

Trico

Roller Poster
A friend of mine has been to Gardaland last friday. He said that somewhere in the park was written that X-Raptor is gonna be the higher coaster in Italy.

That means that it will be higher than both Katun and iSpeed.

Yeah.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey There Trico

Unfortunately i believe the ride has already been confirmed to reach a height of around 100ft. Lagging someway behind katun and ispeed i'm afraid.

Trico

Roller Poster
roomraider said:
Hey There Trico

Unfortunately i believe the ride has already been confirmed to reach a height of around 100ft. Lagging someway behind katun and ispeed i'm afraid.
Dammit :(

Anyway, Heartline roll is here :D

cantierefr.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Let's be honest, there are much more simpler layouts out there, and we don't know what's happening between the lift and zero g...

Not a lot?

I just think it's gonna do-an-Air and be rubbish tbh.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
look below the in-line twist just inside that red oval, theres a support there. I don't think this layout will be majorly complicated but it's certainly not as simple as you suggest UC.

Also...

5127853803_4507639d2c_b.jpg

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'm assuming the strange supports on the roll are due to the new trains?

Cause, that's a really wide support with some wacky smaller stuff...

CMonster

Giga Poster
The X supports underneath the support over the track.

The shorter supports is probably a better way of saying it... that whole structure just looks... different.

nealbie

CF Legend
Pretty funky supporting - but I agree with Arly, obviously we don't have a proper sense of scale (other than the supposed normal width of B&M track, but it does look pretty damned tight for four overhanging seats. :shock: