What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
nealbie said:
Pretty funky supporting - but I agree with Arly, obviously we don't have a proper sense of scale (other than the supposed normal width of B&M track, but it does look pretty damned tight for four overhanging seats. :shock:

Maybe I missed it, but do we actually know if its two seats per side? RCDB doesn't say.

Edit, concept art shows two.

A

Anonymous

If you look at the "middle" picture (both vertical and horizontal) on theparks.it you will see the size of the clearance envelope of the car, and comparing it to the second picture posted on this page shows that it's doable, and it seems it's going to be a lot smaller than the S&S version...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
UC said:
Looks a bit tight to me. There's no way two seats on each side of the train would fit, surely?

Excellent point. You should probably email B&M and tell them to get that fixed before they start testing.

I didn't know at first if it was two seats. Thats why I asked. And I edited my post to say I had seen some of the concept art.

Anyway, thank you for the link Loefet, some really nice pictures on there.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Not many coaster types can give you head and foot choppers at the same time! That'll get the riders trying to curl up into a ball.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That's going to be quite an awesome element. One second, you'll be staring at a support bar, the next, you'll be whizzing through two.

peep

CF Legend
Just found a nice little video update. Has a very informative interview in Italian however the kind peeps that made it have done English subtitles :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31NcEesOJ4&feature=sub[/youtube]

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
In that video, the track looks tiny when he's stood next to it.

So does it only have two seats and when was that found out?

Jer

Strata Poster
Really excellent video, very nice. I'm just wondering how short it's going to be, the guy mentioned that there are only 2 inversions.

A

Anonymous

Looks like they have reached the top of the ride with the addition of the crest of the lift...

xraptor.jpg

That could mean that the ride could be pretty fast through the first inversion since the lift is so much taller than the inversion...

A

Anonymous

^ Then it might ride a lot faster than you have anticipated earlier in the topic:
UC said:
I can see the train slowly navigating the track a bit like Air does...not going to be a lot of speed here.

More stuff added to the end:

webimage10.jpg

Seems like it will be some sort of figure 8 section missing on the section after the hill.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks like the entrance is being built now too. Trying to figure out what the layout is, I don't understand how the ride gets back to that figure of eight from looking at the support footers.

A

Anonymous

some guy over at TheParks.it made a sketch of the layout and I have to say that I agree with him on it.

11t8mde.jpg

Source

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Why does the ride have magnetic and pneumatic brakes? Wouldn't it be easier to outfit the ride with magnetic brakes only or does B&M's design somehow prohibit them from doing that?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I'm not quite sure what you mean, but they use the magnetic brakes to slow the train down and the 'normal' friction brakes to stop the train as magnetic ones can't actually stop the train directly.

Is that what you mean?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^ They would use the Magnetic ones to slow the train and the Friction brakes to stop the train.

I would guess its because magnets are fail-safe, there is no need for a saftey brake 'block' after the service brake block that you see on all (or most) B&M's with just Friction Brakes. They would save space from more track and air-brakes, and cost of more track and runing of the brakes, aswell as replacing a load more brass pads on the clamps from wear.

Thats all based on comparing there coasters with and without the magnets.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
They would save space from more track and air-brakes, and cost of more track and runing of the brakes, aswell as replacing a load more brass pads on the clamps from wear.
So then why don't they solely use magnetic bakes instead of the combination of the two? That's what I was originally trying to get at...