What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Look at the size of the other track though, there is no reason for that one piece of track to dwarf all the other track.

CPcisco

Mega Poster
It dwarfs all of the other track because that track is the very bottom of the lift hill. On the far left side of the piece you can see the flange where the normal track connects to.

Then the huge portion of the piece (to the left of the guy) is where the lift chain drive system is housed. You can see the same design on B&M flyer and invert lifts like this one on Tatsu.
/3305.htm?p=15404 (add the neccesary RCDB site link before that as I can't post pics or links :( )

Then on the far right of the lift is where the lift track connects to. This flange is extremely large because the lift track will encase the lift chain return the same way that B&M flyer and invert lift track does.

The normal track size will not be this large, as can be seen by the connecting flange on the far left side of the piece.

EDIT to add: Also the cone shaped portion to the right of the guy is to fit into the support that will holding the piece up. For reference it will look something like Diamondbacks lift hill bottom support wise.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Just adding the pic for you on here...

p15404.jpg

I just find it amusing that people instantly call it photoshopped due to SMALL MAN!!!!

Do we have nothing better to moan about?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
People are ignoring the important info!

First off, it's a lifthill based coaster with no launch.

And secondly it's 800m which is a really decent length of track for a coaster of this scale. And with only 2 inversions I'm interested to see what other treats the track will hold.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, I'm surprised nobody noticed the giant motor/transmission/lift chain housing.....

Looks about normal sized to me. They aren't exactly small......

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Just cos they photoshopped a cheery-looking guy in front doesn't mean the whole photo is prefabricated. Not that I know much about these things but that arm he's leaning on seems to not actually to be in contact with anything :roll: )

Anyway who cares. There's track! Whoo! :lol:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Were you expecting it to?

I'm just interested to see B&M build a new ride type.
I can't imagine it being the best ride in the world but its a prototype and you have to admit it's one of the more interesting rides being built this year.

I prefer it when parks don't show the layout before construction, it just makes it more interesting to watch.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
UC said:
I just can't see this ride doing much more in the way of layout than Baco does. Not with the space they've got to work with and the fact the ride is somewhat short by B&M standards.

Saying that though, Baco is a really cool ride, it's just a bit rough in the back. I just can't see this type of coaster working without a launch though? It's a bit odd..

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Having said that, there's nothing to say it couldn't be a lot more... gliding and less intense. It could be quite cool if it's a bit less intense, and with a lift hill that's what I was thinking it would be.

andrus

Giga Poster
I don't care what the layout looks like, wheter it'll have a lift hill or being launched etc. I think the wing walker trains will greatly enhance any ride type. They give the perfect exposed feeling with no track above or under you, from my own experience I can say thet it feels a lot more "free" than any other ride type out there, great difference! I just hope B&M succeed making a smooth ride unlike Intamin managed to do. If B&M succeed I can see the dawn of a new coaster revolution!