Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
28587d1297273544-neu-2011-x-raptor-im-gardaland-1.jpg

28588d1297273544-neu-2011-x-raptor-im-gardaland-2.jpg

Promotional image time...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^^Considering Merlin involve promotional material for Thorpe which has B&M restraints on Stealth, I don't think they care tbh...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They look almost like the clamshell ones, but OTSRs. Interesting.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well it's certainly going to restrict the 'arms-up' effect. Whether it's to try to prevent headbanging?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^True, however they could just use the normal clamshell style surely? By the looks of those pictures, the restrains are offering no support to the riders shoulders or chest, so why bother with the OTSRs?

I'd have thought for this ride it's something to do with the mounting points, not being able to make the restraint more like a lap=bar, however it'd be cool to see if they implement this technology and restraint type on a coaster style which would support lap-bar styles.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Ha, yeah, I'd actually forgotten that the clamshells come from the middle. Could see them doing it like the Intamin Hypers though...

Martyn B

CF Legend
They do look identicle to the Flyer restraints, which could feel a little odd, especially if the seats are just as deep as the Flyers.

tks

Strata Poster
Air seems very confined to me because of the massive locking mechanisms next to you. It doesn't look like these need them.

andrus

Giga Poster
I think the restraint design look fantastic! It looks like it'll allow a lot more movement of the rider than the old big stiff one. Hopefully it's more forgiving towards tall riders as well :) It's about time really B&M modernise their restraint system!