bob_3_

Giga Poster
new testing video, shows nothing new though

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKZCvHPn0M[/youtube]

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ Yeah, you can see the walk-way clearer in this pic

16680917040504125651577.jpg

I'm loving all the lab-style pipes going round the station. Looks like the chemistry dept in uni.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
All I need to see is a Grav Hammer hit that fence and you to fly backwards 50 feet through the doorway.

BTW This ride will suck, I see TRIMS!!!!! AHHHH OH NOOOOO! Fa1l!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
tomahawKSU said:
BTW This ride will suck, I see TRIMS!!!!! AHHHH OH NOOOOO! Fa1l!
Where are the trims? I've watched the videos and squinted at the photos for a few mins, all I can guess is that these are trims? (I've circled them brown, which is the same colour as poo. Trims are poo.)
webimage3.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Yes I think they're the only trims. Though its anyone guess as to whether they'll get used or not.

Do they often install trims, but leave them unused?

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, Air has two that aren't used (or if they are are used once in a blue moon).

I imagine this will probably be similar. Or I hope, otherwise they've made it slow when it had more potential :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
UC said:
Do they often install trims, but leave them unused?

A lot of times, B&M will build the mounts for trims in the track, and install the actual trim during testing (or at a later date) if need be.

Example (on the entrance to the pretzel loop):

162368566ICUXtk_fs.jpg

As for them being installed but not used, I suppose occasionally...typically B&M won't install them, however, unless they're sure they'll be used at least some of the time.

However, this is a prototype attraction as well - it could very well be they were installed "just in case" (isn't there a similar case on Air, with a trim that isn't used?).

Thanks, very helpful.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Silver Bullet also has cutouts for a trim after the cobra....

dscn7432h.jpg

I'm with the latter of us on the trims. Better to be safe than sorry.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Theming kinda looks like...
JP-RaptorPen.jpg

But, what the hell is with the weird train designs on the promo?

Just occured to me that maybe the theme is that it's a weird monster-dinosaur that's the product of experimentation? Or something?

But what's up with the weird viral video thing with the balloon in the arctic... Maybe it was found there.

Nic

Strata Poster
Joey said:
Just occurred to me that maybe the theme is that it's a weird monster-dinosaur that's the product of experimentation? Or something?
If I remember rightly from the virals that were released when construction started, then that's pretty much it. I remember there being a video of someone "discovering" a gigantic egg in the middle of the construction site, and loads of stuff about how there had been strange (radioactive? can't remember, but something like that) readings in the area. Also, towards the end of last season, they had people in biohazard suits outside the construction site "testing" people for levels of radiation (or whatever the **** it was).

Not seen the recent ones yet. Will have to though.

Edit: Just read through the last few pages of this topic, and realise how much of what I wrote is complete tosh. Sorry.

Oh, and, Jordan, is that really your sister? If so, what did that picture start life as?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Nic said:
Oh, and, Jordan, is that really your sister? If so, what did that picture start life as?

Yeah, she's got a portfolio and stuff and was called in for this photo shoot, which turned out to be for this.

At first all she knew was that is was for a new ride in a theme park in Italy, then all this stuff about Raptor came out and I figured it would be for this =]

And Joey, that's exactly what I thought.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When the project was announced yonks ago, it was reported that the it would have a splash element "where water may touch the guests".

Do you reckon that's still true or has the splash element been replaced with a waterfall as part of the theme?

Dave

CF Legend
webimage3.jpg

I think it's the black shape on the 90 degree turn before another inversion on the far right of the picture.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Can you highlight that? I can't seem to see what you're talking about.

The object that Ian circled is indeed the trims, I remember there being some discussion about it earlier on in the construction. Can't be arsed to go through the 30+ pages to find the picture though!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't see anything. Well, I do see something, but I think it's just something on the ground behind the track.

EDIT: Yes, here's the trim:

Lavori_X-Raptor_2011_12122010_001.jpg

webimage3.jpg

CPcisco

Mega Poster
I think Dave was answering Ian's question about if and where the water splash would be placed. The turn that he mentioned would be a good possibility.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Look at the green under the turn after the trims. I think the splash will go there, seems like lining for some kind of pool.

raptor_4.jpg

Dave

CF Legend
Which is what I kind of hinted at, but unfortunately the brown circle of attention led my suggestion astray.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh dear, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Does that suggest the trim will be used to get the train to the right speed for the effects?