What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh, that is nice, it looks 'Ok' to be honest, people are right, it is slightly reminding me of Air, just for the fact it seems more fluid and flowing rather then snappy and intense, but saying that, we kind of already knew it was going to be like this didn't we? Anyway, the trains look pretty nice, looking forward to seeing them closer up!

Nick

Mega Poster
I see where all the air comparisons are coming from, but I think it looks a fair bit more speedy than air. It's certainly not going to feel like Baco, but I reckon it might be one of these rides which feels a lot faster than it looks.

Also, It's probably still 'wearing in' and hasn't quite tested at full speed yet... (or I could be wrong I don't know much about testing physics!)

Personally I think it looks fantastic, and really hope Thorpe Park gets one :p

spicy

Giga Poster
Furius Baco will probably be alot more thilling and intense than this.

This does look good though just wasn't expecting it to be quite that slow.

Whats strange is there are only two coasters with this train type and its one extreme to another. Ones fastest in Europe this doesn't look like it will go over 50mph..?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well, one is from a company that seemingly doesn't care about downtime, as every new coaster they have is plagued with it, while the other prides itself on smoothness, reliability, and all that jazz.

Trains are a lot better looking than I thought they would, the way it glides around the track, yes please. Kinda figured the bitching would start, I mean its a prototype, but B&M plays it safe with prototypes, they aren't dumb with them. They make sure they work before going all insane. Just remember, there is a chance the cars will rotate in the future, which makes even going slow(er) more thrilling.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The rotation can't be as mad-intense as the old school B&Ms as the lats would be insane on the outer seats!

Tim

Roller Poster
Well I think it looks awesome. Kinda runs out of momentum at the end there, but that just looks like the turn into the brakes anyway

The zero-g roll type thing will be brilliant. The seats on one side are hauled over from one side to the other while upside-down.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ <3

Baco's not ****, it's just sadly rougher then other coasters. Simple as that really. Well, as I said before, maybe the lower seating may affect the roughness? I'm sure it being a B&M will also help? lol!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it's rougher than other coasters, and apart from a cracking launch, does absolutely bugger all, only it does bugger all roughly. Hence, it's **** ;)

This looks fantastically like a much softer approach though which is considerably more appropriate for the train design. Hence I think it will be less intense than Baco, but a much more satisfactory ride. I also reckon the lift hill in the trains will be pretty cool - plus the slower path will make you feel nice and vulnerable.

tks

Strata Poster
Baco is ****. All it does it shake you around for a minute. If you want that go hire a british nanny.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Well, after seeing the Off-Ride video posted, it looks smooth as silk and freaking amazingly fun somehwat....just a wee bit slow it seems.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
tks said:
Baco is **** All it does it shake you around for a minute. If you want that go hire a british nanny.

LOL! Best. Quote. Ever.

If you're not convinced by that, you eat dog turds in your spare time.

tks hits the nail on the head :)

Nick

Mega Poster
Did all you Baco haters avoid the front seats!!! Fair enough it's a massive floor that the coaster is only awesome in a few seats.

I actually think it's a bit of an issue with these style trains, the outer seats are always gonna give a wilder ride, especially on Baco, I found the inner seats slightly dull (and hardly rough, but that's cause I'm ARD obviously)

tks

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
^

Nah, I just think a nail hit tks on the head.

It probably flew off Baco. :p

I have actually ridden the front row, 2nd to back and somewhere in the middle. The difference in train position is out of the this world. At the front the ride is pretty much bearable, but anywhere after the 2nd row and it's not pleasant. You have to hold yourself flat back against the seat and try and stop your head slamming sideways.

I don't hold with having to concentrate on a ride to have a good time.