What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

I really liked EGF when I rode it. But then it was after it had rained. It seemed to get better with every lap we had on it.

Kebab

Giga Poster

^I was thinking that, how did EGF and Skyrush come into the equation?

D1993 said:
^^ Why are you being so incredibly rude? Was there anything scathing or rude about my comment?
Im replying to your post voicing my opinion and trying to understand what youre saying ..... and you call me retarded, instead of explaining what you mean. yes they are both fairly bland sort of layouts, but the ride experiences are not going feel the same.
Dont go around and call people retarded.
Oh, and welcome to CoasterForce! :wink:
It doesn't happen all the time, but honestly, just learn to ignore it. Speaking about that where has UC gone all these years!? :?

Back on-topic, I actually have a very funny feeling, that this new rollercoaster will not be a Hyper... Just saying! :p

Lofty

CF Legend

Kebab said:
^I was thinking that, how did EGF and Skyrush come into the equation?

D1993 said:
^^ Why are you being so incredibly rude? Was there anything scathing or rude about my comment?
Im replying to your post voicing my opinion and trying to understand what youre saying ..... and you call me retarded, instead of explaining what you mean. yes they are both fairly bland sort of layouts, but the ride experiences are not going feel the same.
Dont go around and call people retarded.
Oh, and welcome to CoasterForce! :wink:
It doesn't happen all the time, but honestly, just learn to ignore it. Speaking about that where has UC gone all these years!? :?

Back on-topic, I actually have a very funny feeling, that this new rollercoaster will not be a Hyper... Just saying! :p

What makes you think that it won't be a hyper when EVERY rumour has lead that way? :wink:

Kebab

Giga Poster

*Looks back at Baco. :)

Because these rumours are mere speculation, of course they're very possible (a good 85-90% chance this will be a Hyper?), but who's to say this could actually be a Flying coaster, Dive Machine, a completely new design or even (but least possible) an Inverted coaster. Are they still contracted to Intamin as well? It's all plain rumours, good ones to say the least.

I'm hoping for a Hyper, but it wouldn't surprise me one single bit if they got the next Sheikra/Griffon... :wink:

D1993

Hyper Poster

Thanks Kebab, I will just ignore it :)
Because the park has been so tight-lipped, really you are correct it could still be anything! Id like to be surprised but a Hyper will still be great.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Let's keep the rumour mill turning.

Apparently, the board of directors are discussing names. And two candidates (among others) are: "Nüwa" and "Loto". Then again, these might not be chosen names. If they were to choose one of these suggested names, the Park would break a "tradition" of naming rides after "complex" names (Dragon Khan, Tutuki Splash, Hurakan Condor, Sea Odyssey, Furius Baco... -Stampida would be the exception here).

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ hm I dont really like either of those names. Although really at the end of the day, the name isnt going to affect the experience. Out of those two, I prefer Loto.

Kebab

Giga Poster

They should call it Dragon Pwnage or Swagger Jagger: The Ride, they sound fitting to the park :p

Names do some justice I suppose, it gives it more character. Instead of '10-looping rollercoaster' or something boring like that.

Lofty

CF Legend

According to Screamscape, they've been shutting Dragon Khan a lot to allow for construction in that area.

Thanks actual **** I'm not going for Halloween.

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Someone said in here a while back that Khan will close for a lenghty period around September...

Kebab

Giga Poster

^I'm just going to casually wait until next year, Dragon Khan is more than 50% the reason I'd travel to Salou.

That's like Alton Towers closing Forbidden Valley off! Can you imagine! :shock:

Rush

Giga Poster

When I was there a couple of weeks ago they shut down Khan in the morning and opened it up in the middle of the day. Presumably it was for this coaster construction as when it was opened again there were lots of new vehicles piling dirt around which weren't there the day before. So it seems like it's been shutting down in the mornings recently, although I thought they were closing it completely after Halloween?

Lofty

CF Legend

Rush said:
When I was there a couple of weeks ago they shut down Khan in the morning and opened it up in the middle of the day. Presumably it was for this coaster construction as when it was opened again there were lots of new vehicles piling dirt around which weren't there the day before. So it seems like it's been shutting down in the mornings recently, although I thought they were closing it completely after Halloween?

It wouldn't surprise me if they shut it after their Halloween Season. It's one of the busier times for the park, it makes sense to shut their biggest and best attraction when it's actually quieter.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ Yeah in order for more work to go on They should shut it soon, Mostly be done over the off season though although Nothing Much has been done no footers yet.
They cant- well they can keep shutting The coaster for small periods of time and then re-opening it ?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

I think its going to be an Intamin...
Because they had prints of Intimidator 305 on their cups :D

I took a picture the cup when I was there, I shall upload them later.

Ollie

CF Legend

^They also have a picture of Colossus on their Baco T-shirts. :p
58152_1634845468091_1145311439_1816146_6115947_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

It's Intamin and it's called Lotto - the entire ride is based on seating on Baco. The theme is a set of large hammers the smash you in the face on random seats each time you ride. Sometimes you get a great ride, other times hospitalisation. It's a lotto alright... ;)

Kebab

Giga Poster

furie said:
It's Intamin and it's called Lotto - the entire ride is based on seating on Baco. The theme is a set of large hammers the smash you in the face on random seats each time you ride. Sometimes you get a great ride, other times hospitalisation. It's a lotto alright... ;)

If it's lotto, everyones going to need hopitalisation! :lol:

That baffled me with the Furius Baco shirt, at least they got two things right: it's Intamin and it hurts! And I'd like to see those cups, because it could either mean 1. It's going to be an Intamin, 2. It's going to be huge or 3. it's another image of 'Furius Baco' :p