What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ben

CF Legend
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

"Themed" is a very loose term for what that ride is.

But, yeah, it's defo not WoW themed. That section's Starcraft themed. Or meant to be. Nothing in that park really resembles what it's meant to be themed after...

I personally think it's themed to this, to fit into the new Australia section they're doing...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL2HKKrY7sM&ob=av2n[/youtube]

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Ben said:

But, yeah, it's defo not WoW themed. That section's Starcraft themed. Or meant to be. Nothing in that park really resembles what it's meant to be themed after...

I personally think it's themed to this, to fit into the new Australia section they're doing...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL2HKKrY7sM&ob=av2n[/youtube]

Well, if we consider that the latest rumours say that track could be golden, everything is possible... :roll:
I personally don't believe these rumours but if they become true, I will eat my words and ride Stampida at least twice every time I visit the park :S

Ben

CF Legend

I'd LOVE it to have gold track, that would be so obscenely GROSS and audacious that it'd just be amazing <3

With black supports would look amazing ;)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

andrus said:
^Aint that ride themed to Star Craft?

Ben said:

I know Starry Night Ripper isn't WoW themed, I was referring to the park as a whole that has Starry Night Ripper in it (as I don't know what it is called).

Gold with Black supports? I agree with what Ben said about it.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Scott88

Hyper Poster

This topic makes some pretty funny reading, thanks for cheering me up. :lol:

I hope there is some type of announcement soon, it's getting annoying not knowing what is going on really. We were trying to guess what it'll be during our visit there in September, the sooner we get some announcement the better!

On the subject of other rides being shown at Port Aventura, they still use the cups with the photo of Maverick on them and I have always thought it was odd that a Furius Baco shirt is sold with a photo of Colossus on it! The Baco merchandise is pretty crap, which is a shame considering it's the best coaster there!

Lofty

CF Legend

Scott88 said:
This topic makes some pretty funny reading, thanks for cheering me up. :lol:

I hope there is some type of announcement soon, it's getting annoying not knowing what is going on really. We were trying to guess what it'll be during our visit there in September, the sooner we get some announcement the better!

Like we keep saying, don't expect an announcement until either very late in the Halloween Season or even past the Halloween season. They won't miss on that trick.

On the subject of other rides being shown at Port Aventura, they still use the cups with the photo of Maverick on them and I have always thought it was odd that a Furius Baco shirt is sold with a photo of Colossus on it! The Baco merchandise is pretty crap, which is a shame considering it's the best coaster there!

HA. Although I love Baco, that statement is complete, and utter, bollocks.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

Fair point about making an announcement, makes sense.

I fail to understand which part of it you found to be utter bollocks, because they do still use cups with Maverick on them. I am going to guess you don't agree that I think Baco is the best coaster there? I'd like to say on the merchandise subject, some of it is reasonable enough, but on the whole it could be better!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Almost everyone thinks Khan is the best! :) But we all have an opinion...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Its an amazing B&M looper. Thats enough said for me Ive never been on a B&M looper that hasnt been amazing.
The whole issue with the merchandise is rather odd, I wonder why they dont just use photos and art from their own rides?
Surely its not that difficult, or are they just being plain lazy? :S

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Okay, some people like Khan, some people Baco... Excellent, but what does it have to do with construction?

Back to the topic please.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

th720_coaster2_1317747149.jpg

th720_coaster3_1317747151.jpg

Just a little update. There some holes on the floor

Lofty

CF Legend

tucoaster said:
Just a little update. There some holes on the floor

I have to admit, I LOL'd at this when I saw it.

Footers anyone? Hopefully. If so, it's true that it passes DIRECTLY under Khan...

tucoaster

Roller Poster

The new coaster will cross two times with Khan, according to rumors....

andrus

Giga Poster

And I like how he's taken the pictures while upside down in the loop! :p

Hopefully this means that we'll se vertical construction soon. That's most definitely holes for fotters. So I guess we'll see supports/track arriving soon at the park :)

Josh73

Giga Poster

tucoaster said:
The new coaster will cross two times with Khan, according to rumors....

That sounds like an out and back layout possibly.
Hyper, anyone?