What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

Josh73 said:
tucoaster said:
The new coaster will cross two times with Khan, according to rumors....

That sounds like an out and back layout possibly.
Hyper, anyone?

Any kind of coaster layout can cross two times with another ride...doesnt have to be a standard out and back. Could be a **** layout possibly.

Then again, I'm just waiting for some kind of confirmation from the park as to what exactly is being built.

Switching between the hideouts'...

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

As of now it seem's like it'll just go under the lift hill. It would be a lot cooler if the ride went through the loop, then we could talk of ride interaction!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Josh73 said:
I was just posting for the sake of post whoring.

Fixed that for ya.

If that guy took those pictures while inverted on DK, I'd call that talent AND dedication!

cool)

Josh73

Giga Poster

I don't get what you mean. I was just saying it was a possibility. Yes, other coasters can do the same thing, but hypers can too.

Lofty

CF Legend

Josh73 said:
tucoaster said:
The new coaster will cross two times with Khan, according to rumors....

That sounds like an out and back layout possibly.
Hyper, anyone?

Seen as you've said this, I do genuinely think it is a HYPER NOW <3 :roll:

In all honesty, if you'd been reading this topic, you'd realise that everything up to this point has actually made us think it's a Hyper. Nothing has doubted that. I'm not saying that it IS a hyper, but your most was ridiculous, if you'd READ the topic, you could actually have put something more worth while.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I know about the rumors and the rest of the thread, I was just saying now the possiblities are even higher. As I said it was just a suggestion. That is what I was saying. I didn't know what it would be, but in my head, a hyper has alot of possibility now that tucoaster has mentioned that.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

From Dragon Khan you can clearly see that they are doing the footers for the coaster. As we can see in the next update, there will be a portion of the ride crossing either over or under Khan's main drop. Headchopper anyone?

th720_DSCF5444_1318244852.JPG

th720_DSCF5449_1318244874.JPG

th720_DSCF5438_1318244896.JPG

Source: PA-Community

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

when i went about 2 weeks ago there was lots of workers there and they were digging big holes aka footers and that wow sign was everywere

oriolat2

Giga Poster

According to PA-Community, the park *might* announce the new ride on Friday given that the Costa Daurada Rally will depart from the park and there will already be a lot of media coverage for the rally.

We can only hope it is true because it's getting a tad annoying seeing other parks announcing their rides yet PA not giving a single clue...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Well, if the announcement had been made in July, this topic would probably have been half as short, so at least this tactic gained them some attention on at least one roller coaster webside. That's not half bad marketing, is it?

Reminds me of TusenFryd. Builds what essentially is the largest flat ride in the world, but doesn't say a word about it until one month before season opening.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I've lost interest in waiting for an announcement, I'm just waiting for it to go vertical!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

How have they kept this a secret? I don't understand. Surely there's a council website with the plans on it?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Parc asterix have managed to keep their new coaster a relative secret...there hasn't even been an offical release yet!

I think what they're doing is doing a little bit (groundwork prep) before they ask for planning permission, like AT do. Anyway, if it's around the height of Khan then they'll easily get permission....

Lofty

CF Legend

I just find it incredible that no MAJOR construction has started yet. They have to get their running shoes on and get on with it when it starts. On that note, when do PA usually open their new rides? April/May?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Most US parks don't open their rides until May, either.

But can Oriol please tell me, is there not a local council website where there would be plans for this??

oriolat2

Giga Poster

^No. In Spain, plans submitted by the park for future rides don't go public unless the park wants them to be public.

And by the way, and thats GREAT news. For those waiting for a final OFFICIAL announcement, the ride will be presented this Friday. According to Catalunya Radio (local radio station), the President of the Catalan Government (Artur Mas) will set the coaster's first stone this Friday, when the park is due to announce further details. The same station has mentioned that the ride will:
- reach speeds up to 85 mph,
- be built by a Swiss Company called Bolliger and Mabillard,
- sit next to Khan
- be the park's new starship ride (poor Khan :()

Can't wait for Friday! :D

PS. This pretty much confirms the ride and so the topic should be changed to something like "Unknown" B&M Hypercoaster

oriolat2

Giga Poster

c7ab86244576774a2af9de0.jpg

New picture from the back of the Imperial Theatre in China. The ride will go as far as next to Templo del Fuego.