What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

^ hmph. I was really hoping to at least get an announcement sometime this month. I guess thats not gonna happen.
Track will probably arrive and start vertical construction before they even announce what it is right?
I would assume thats the case if announcement isnt until November (as some people has speculated)

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Another update from PA-Community:

th720_090920115185_1315603179.jpg

th720_090920115188_1315603191.jpg

th720_090920115191_1315603213.jpg

th720_090920115203_1315603223.jpg

Finally something "interesting" going on, even if it's mud! BTW, I hadn't seen those trenches next to Khan. Could these be footers or something else?

Kebab

Giga Poster

I'd piss myself if this actually turns out to be a Dive Machine. :roll:

Lofty

CF Legend

This may sound ridiculous, but, are they trenches or are they raised ground?

ry1996

Mega Poster

Those Treches look very deep !, I can see it being a Hyper or even a giga !

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^On the basis that they're digging a trench in the ground? That's some pretty hardcore prediction there.

This reminds me of that Over-Enthusiast-ic strip from way back. Do anybody still have it?

D1993

Hyper Poster

I dont think the trenches neccessarily mean it will be a huge hyper/giga.
maybe tunnels and dips with water splashes etc.

andrus

Giga Poster

^The ride is supposed to feature a tunnel if the rumors are correct. Looks like a big trench though, interesting!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Or perhaps it could be like cheetah hunt?

Attachments

• Cheetah hunt.jpg
    Cheetah hunt.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 138

ry1996

Mega Poster

Actually, That Trench is Pre made above Ground Not Under Just realised.

Lofty

CF Legend

ry1996 said:
Actually, That Trench is Pre made above Ground Not Under Just realised.

It took half a page for someone to realise that? I posted on the last page saying it, at least someone else has realised it!

tucoaster

Roller Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRRFXHRRdc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

You can see at the begining of the video that there's like a building or something contructed.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ a hydraulic room?!?!?!?!
buhahaha. I know this is supposed to be a B&M, but when was that actually confirmed?
I thought it was still a rumor so why have other manufacturers been ruled out?
Or has B&M actually been confirmed as the manufacturer for the 2012 project?

On a side note, Ive always wanted an Intamin hydraulic that went giga, but then did more after the top hat.

ry1996

Mega Poster

The plot of land they have here is well Big !, Dont know where people were getting b&M Mega/Hyper coaster from as this looks more like some sort of Multi launch close to floor coaster to me IMO
Still be a b&m hyper though.

Casio

Mega Poster

I very much doubt it would be a launch coaster close to the ground with them already having Baco.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ I was thinking that too, But a Hyper and a standup would not look too good stood together ime not sure guess welle just speculate and wait

Nick

Mega Poster

^ A hyper and a stand-up? If you mean Dragon Khan, it's not a stand-up. And why wouldn't a hyper and a stand-up (or in this case a sit down multi-looper) look good together, they are both very different ride types. The only thing similar would be that the track would look similar if they were both B&M, but the ride experience completely different. It would be stupid if this was a terrain hugging launch coaster because that's EXACTLY what Baco does. It could just be a low to the ground ending to the coaster, simply to enhance the feeling of speed...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ yeah actually a launch coaster would be silly they already have baco which is a great initial launch.
A hyper-esque roller coaster is just what this park needs. A B&M Hyper will do the job.
Again, where are the rumors coming from that this will be a B&M?
As far as im concerned it could be absolutely anything. Id like for it to be a B&M, but theres no evidence really pointing that way ..... is there? (genuine question here)

Nick

Mega Poster

Towards the start of the topic, there were a lot of rumours coming from an insider at the park (I think) posting them on a Spanish fansite (Again that's from memory but I'll leave it to you to go and read). The initial rumour suggested a B&M around the 100m mark (Similar size to Leviathan). The rumour seemed to then change to suggest a very large hyper. I guess there is some accuracy to these rumours as they stated the location of the ride long before construction began...

tucoaster

Roller Poster

Hi all,

The only thing official confirmed is that in 2012 will be a new ride.

All the info i have posted here comes from a member of pa-community (supossed to work in the park). In last projects, like Furius Baco, all the rumors from that member become true.

There is no official info yet, but with the videos / images it's obvious that it will be a big coaster.