What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

wait. That images are from a member, and that's is a "how i will made it". There's nothing to do with the official project (there are no images).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Yeah, andrus did say that they were made by fans and were unofficial.

I think they're a bit **** if you ask me.

Lofty

CF Legend

Hixee said:
^Yeah, andrus did say that they were made by fans and were unofficial.

I think they're a bit **** if you ask me.

I can't agree more to be honest. They're alright, but a bit messed up. I don't understand why people do things like that, they must have too much time on their hands...

tucoaster

Roller Poster

I have seen this video in pac, there is movement on the floor. No announce and nothing official yet

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BW6yZpQHR8&feature=player_embedded#at=19[/youtube]

Kebab

Giga Poster

Anyone thinking this is going to be the same style as the new B&M in Canada's Wonderland? I'm sure hoping! :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Well, it might be, but since the park refuses to do any press release about the coaster, there's no official information. I hate not having any evidence to prove this is going to be a coaster and, hence, moving the thread to Ride Construction.

Still, even if it's taller than Silver Star, I don't think PA is going past the 80 meter range... again, pure speculation.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Shall we move this to the Ride Construction forum?

So far, there is only ground clearing but footers should start appearing pretty soon. BTW, for those wanting a ride on Khan, you'd better hurry. Dragon Khan is scheduled to close for the construction in November (it will also get a nice paintjob).

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Another shot from Dragon Khan:

th720_foto1_1314040327.jpg

So, could this big square be the splash?

Source: PA-Community.com

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ possibly.
I must say it is a bit weird having it so close to Dragon Khan. I dont really buy the argument that it'll ruin the look of DK, but PA is a pretty big park from the looks of it, and it just seems a little weird to squish in another very big roller coaster so close to one of their biggest attractions in the park.

Well whatever, im sure it will be great.

But seriously, can the park not at least release an announcement date?!
Do they have to be so secretive? gah.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

D1993 said:
But seriously, can the park not at least release an announcement date?!
Do they have to be so secretive? gah.

There are a lot of people (most, im in) that think the same.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster

D1993 said:
I must say it is a bit weird having it so close to Dragon Khan. I dont really buy the argument that it'll ruin the look of DK, but PA is a pretty big park from the looks of it, and it just seems a little weird to squish in another very big roller coaster so close to one of their biggest attractions in the park.
Perhaps DK is leaving. I just hope it's not. But I think it does good being next to DK, maybe they colour the track colours the same on nearby pieces of track of the other coaster so it confuses the public. It would also give some brill headchoppers.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

I know this is not an official announcement, but this comes from the park and at least, we have something now
32971423295987649721399.jpg

I cant read it, but i think says something like "2012, llega una nueva atracción fantástica y expectacular" -> "in 2012 a new amazing and spectacular ride"

As always, sorry for my english

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Excellent. I wonder how soon is "soon"!

Ben

CF Legend

A Spanish "soon" pretty much means whenever they can be bothered and aren't too busy having siestas.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

Ben said:
A Spanish "soon" pretty much means whenever they can be bothered and aren't too busy having siestas.

(mode ironic on)yeah, when we aren't sleeping siesta we are playing with bulls(mode ironic off)

Please, only construction updates / opinions here.

marc

CF Legend

Thought I would look in here as its now 15 pages.

Still no idea what they are getting lol.

andrus

Giga Poster

Nice! Finally the park confirms that they'll build a new ride for next season :) Soon we'll find out if it really is a B&M hyper/giga or Intamin or what it'll be!