What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

^Bugger, forgot about Apollo, yeah that's good too, as long as it's not overally trimmed like Silver Star it should fit perfectly into the fun and easy to ride multiple times category...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
^If it's anything like Silver Star and Diamondback then it'll be some good old fashioned floater airtime throughout the ride...
Ohh goodie, that's what I was hoping

*turns up the excitement dial*

Martyn B

CF Legend

Well judging by the height, and lenght of this, I'd say its either going to be insane, or trimmed to death.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Port Aventura has a thing for intense rides (Kahn, Hurakan, Baco) so let's hope that trend continues!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Perfect ride for them really. Just something good quality and enjoyable, with a good throughput. The Spanish are awfully slow...

Martyn B

CF Legend

^Port Aventura has a thing for intense rides (Kahn, Hurakan, Baco) so let's hope that trend continues

Well with a 255ft drop, it most probably will be quite intense, but B&M dont really do intense, do they?

To me, all these stats scream Intamin.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Out of the ones I've been on, Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot blew me away. Behemoth was great as well, but it isn't as dynamic as the first two. La Ronde's Goliath is my next favorite due to its size, which allowed it to keep a nice pace throughout the ride. Nitro was decent, but Intimidator and Raging Bull were huge disappointments.

From the info we have right now, I'm expecting something like Diamondback. Hopefully with the extra height and Port Aventura's tendency towards more intense rides, this will have a lot of awesome airtime and some good positive forces. It sounds like it will have a dynamic layout as well.

Lofty

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
^Port Aventura has a thing for intense rides (Kahn, Hurakan, Baco) so let's hope that trend continues

Well with a 255ft drop, it most probably will be quite intense, but B&M dont really do intense, do they?

To me, all these stats scream Intamin.

Surely it's up to the park if they want an intense coaster and not the manufacturer?

Like, if I owned a park and said to the company, "I want one of your Mega Coasters because of the quality, but I want it to have really intense airtime", surely they wouldn't be like, "No, we don't do intense". They do what they're paid to do, surely?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Well I've never been on a B&M Hyper, but it seems the general feeling for them is that they are quite tame/dull.

Ollie

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
but B&M dont really do intense, do they?
No they don't. Rides like Nemesis, Kahn, Batman etc are all so tame you can fall asleep on them.

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Ugh, its quite clear that I ment to put 'Hyper coasters' in there... :roll:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

B&M are tamer than other manufacturers to anyone familar with roller coasters, but when a park says they want something "intense" that doesn't rule out B&M. If the park's brief is an intense ride, then they mean anything aimed at adults and they could mean anything in the 1.4 bracket. To say they want an intense ride so it's not a B&M is daft. I highly doubt that "intense" was even in the brief, or ever is, but that it's worded with target audience, such as; adult, teen, family, children, etc.

Intensity is subjective. Even between us lot, we argue constantly on something as simple as the definition. When parks talk about intensity or audience, it will be region specific and not simply motivated by ride hardware but by theming and marketing. Take an example such as Raptor - Gardaland was a family focused park with little for the teen market, so by contrast Raptor is a very intense and very gritty, adult ride despite being a very tame ride experience to most of us. Basically, there's more to all this than you guys are putting forward.

STC

Mega Poster

Martyn B said:
Well I've never been on a B&M Hyper, but it seems the general feeling for them is that they are quite tame/dull.
No, the current layouts that have been built are quite dull. ;)

There's nothing tame about the ride system itself, if they wanted to I'm sure they could build the most intense ride in the world out of a B&M mega. I think these coasters so far have been tame because that's what parks want. I'd hazard a guess that the general public think huge floater airtime is 'the way it should be' and ejector is too much. These coasters are effectively family thrill coasters - gentle, soaring, forceless... so far. ;)

Tony

Hyper Poster

I'd absolutely love if they went for strong ejector airtime on this but I seriously doubt they will, judging by ALL the other B&M Hypers out there. From reviews of some of the newer hypers it sounds like they are at least better than the older ones? I quite liked Nitro and Raging Bull - boh decent, fun rides but damn the trims really do kill speed on both!

Still quite looking forward to this and can't wait to see some construction start. Definitely need to get back to PA sometime soon.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Dont you think they need to hurry up ?
as there are no footers in at all yet ?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster

Nah it'll be fine. I went to Canada's Wonderland in August the year before Behemoth was built and all they were doing was groundclearing. I expect footers will start popping up late September/ October time.

But then again, it is Spain.