What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

It would be fab if it was an Intamin, but, it more then likely won't be, looking at what has been said already!

D1993

Hyper Poster

A B&M Giga just like Leviathan would be FANTASTIC!

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Well yes.
But considering there has been rumors and stuff going around for a while and PA seem to be prepping for something really big, and some rumors have pointed towards B&M. It just seems that a ride like Leviathan would be more likely.

For instance, it would be great if Movieworld in Australia got a B&M Giga!
But it'll never happen. I meant it more because the idea to me is more exciting, as it seems far more possible for it to happen at PA, considering the rumors and news that have been going around etc.

I really do hope we see more of these B&M Giga's around. However they are quite mighty expensive (More than top thrill dragster, millennium force, kinda ka, I305) all which were from the 20-25 million range. Leviathan is hitting 28 million, so that would be the main reason I would assume PA is not getting a B&M giga, because of the huge costs.

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
I really do hope we see more of these B&M Giga's around. However they are quite mighty expensive (More than top thrill dragster, millennium force, kinda ka, I305) all which were from the 20-25 million range. Leviathan is hitting 28 million, so that would be the main reason I would assume PA is not getting a B&M giga, because of the huge costs.

Um' You do realise how much money PA own don't you?

They own:

The Park.
Waterpark.
4 Hotels.
An Urbanisation.
Golf Resort.
Beach Club (which is **** fab I may add).
And a lot of land with it.

Trust me. They've got a LOT of money!

andrus

Giga Poster

^Indeed. Plus investindustrial is supposed to spend 80 million € in the park over the next few years. They've already built Sesamo Aventura, but that did only coast about 15 million € right? So they got A LOT of money to spend on new rides etc!! And if you recalculate the 28 million $ Levithian is supposed to cost it's "only" 20 million €, ie very possible for PA to build!

Ben

CF Legend

^Except it doesn't really work like that, because it's a lot more to build in Europe than America. I'd say it's at least €28 million...

andrus

Giga Poster

^Well they still got ~65 million € left for new attractions so I still think they can afford it if they wanted to :wink:

tucoaster

Roller Poster

the uer who filtered all that info said that the ride investment (only ride, no theming) will be 12 million € (about 19 million dollars i think). So, if that's true, i think it will be smaller than leviathan.

Total investment (coaster, theming, new zone or area) will be arround 25 / 30 million €.

Again, this numbers are according to the info that user have filtered.

D1993

Hyper Poster

-lofty- said:
D1993 said:

Um' You do realise how much money PA own don't you?

They own:

The Park.
Waterpark.
4 Hotels.
An Urbanisation.
Golf Resort.
Beach Club (which is **** fab I may add).
And a lot of land with it.

Trust me. They've got a LOT of money!

well still no matter how much a park has got, thats alot to invest in one single attraction!
Basically it just doenst happen very often.

Plus where are all these numbers and facts coming from?
Just curious. A B&M roller coaster that costs 19 million USD would be something very similar to Diamondback, Intimidator etc.

Martyn B

CF Legend

the ride investment (only ride, no theming) will be 12 million € (about 19 million dollars i think)

I thought there wasn't much, if any difference between € & $? I would have though $19m would have been about £12m.

Ben

CF Legend

Except of course, like I said, the Euros get you a LOT less than the Dollars!

Ollie

CF Legend

317769_2438129072790_1238640261_3094360_4038536_n.jpg

Dunno if it's been mentioned. But what's the track in the far left of the poster. Purple with blue supports.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster

^ It almost looks identical to the same thing on the right hand side. Probably just duplicated it to make Dragon Khan look bigger/longer for the imposing factor on the poster.

D1993

Hyper Poster

With the issues of what the euro can get you and currency exchange, I dont think PA will get a Giga even though they are getting alot of money coming on, I think the final product of a B&M giga would be just way too much money. Plus they would probably like to theme it quite well. Leviathan has pretty much no theme. And who cares it'll still be great, but PA will want to go that extra step probably and thats more money.
It could really add up to be ALOT ... more than what weve seen in a while, so I reckon they'll just stick with the Hypers and MEgas.

I would love to be proven otherwise though!

Lofty

CF Legend

Ollie said:
317769_2438129072790_1238640261_3094360_4038536_n.jpg

Dunno if it's been mentioned. But what's the track in the far left of the poster. Purple with blue supports.

Yeah, Ollie, it's just a repeat of the right-hand side of Khan! :)

D1993

Hyper Poster

Hopefully 'soon' means the next couple of weeks.
Movieworld said a couple months ago ... soon we'll announce our new attraction.
So really parks have interesting meanings when they say soon.

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:

I think we can all safely say it will more then likely be announced post Halloween. It's one of the biggest events the park does, they won't want people straying away and not going to the event in thinking, "**** it, we'll go next year".

oriolat2

Giga Poster

-lofty- said:
D1993 said:

I think we can all safely say it will more then likely be announced post Halloween. It's one of the biggest events the park does, they won't want people straying away and not going to the event in thinking, "**** it, we'll go next year".

Exactly. Unlike other parks (Merlin parks, Six Flags, etc.) PA are always very hush-hush about their new rides .