What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

tucoaster said:
There is no official info yet, but with the videos / images it's obvious that it will be a big coaster.

Really? I don't think a POV from Dragon Khan can suggest what the project will be like. It's obvious that PA are clearing a big plot of land but it could well be the biggest Eurofighter in the world. Heck, Takabisha also takes quite a bit of room, isn't it?

Am I the only one tired of just rumours and rumours? Yet nothing confirmed has come from the park.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

oriolat2 said:
Am I the only one tired of just rumours and rumours? Yet nothing confirmed has come from the park.
no, you are not. I'm tired too.

oriolat2 said:
Really? I don't think a POV from Dragon Khan can suggest what the project will be like. It's obvious that PA are clearing a big plot of land but it could well be the biggest Eurofighter in the world. Heck, Takabisha also takes quite a bit of room, isn't it?
Agree. Again, and as i always say, my english really sucks. What i have tried to say is that PA hasn't confirmed that it's a coaster, but seeing the videos it's obvious that it will be a coaster.

A Hyper? A giga? A Eurofighter? who knows.

Until we have something official, the only thing we have is... rumours.

andrus

Giga Poster

If the source of these rumors indeed is reliable, and if he states that it'll be a big hyper with Behemoth style trains, it could still mean that we get a ride like Skyrush? An Intamin hyper but with Behemoth-esque trains? That would be awesome! Not that a B&M would be a bad thing but I would prefer an Intamin hyper :)

D1993

Hyper Poster

Cool I see where everything is coming from then. Although the source was pretty much right last time, I still wouldnt set anything by it. It could still be an Intamin or B&M for me really. Something along the lines of a hyper will be great and just what PA needs.

Lofty

CF Legend

To be honest, I'd be happy with a B&M. But, Id be ecstatic with an Intamin. I very much doubt it would be though. Just something about seeing Dragon Khan loomed by an Intamin, no, I really don't think the park would do that.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ whats wrong with skyrush? And anyways thats very far from the typical Intamin hyper (some of the most amazing coasters in the world) eg expedition geforce, bizarro.
I think the actual ride will provide a much better experience than what everyone is thinking. The NL was a huge fail and not an accurate summary of the ride experience.
Doesnt everyone remember when I305 was announced? Everyone was pissed. So many people wouldnt stop complaining. Stupid people made videos on youtube complaining about how dumb it is. Same thing goes for skyrush, no one really knows how good or bad something will be until you actually ride it.
Same for skyrush, same for whatever ride is coming to PA. Intamin, B&M, whatever ..... ill be happy

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
^ whats wrong with skyrush? And anyways thats very far from the typical Intamin hyper (some of the most amazing coasters in the world) eg expedition geforce, bizarro.
I think the actual ride will provide a much better experience than what everyone is thinking. The NL was a huge fail and not an accurate summary of the ride experience.
Doesnt everyone remember when I305 was announced? Everyone was pissed. So many people wouldnt stop complaining. Stupid people made videos on youtube complaining about how dumb it is. Same thing goes for skyrush, no one really knows how good or bad something will be until you actually ride it.
Same for skyrush, same for whatever ride is coming to PA. Intamin, B&M, whatever ..... ill be happy

You'll be happy, mainly because you're probably never going to ride it due to you living in Aus? :wink:

Only joking, I do see where you're coming from though. I know i've slated rides before riding them, but sometimes, they can be far better then you think they're going to be!

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Ben said:
*looks at Skyrush*

Please don't be Intamin :(

+1. An Intamin over Dragon Khan wouldn't just look right. I don't know, a mix of B&Ms I can handle, but Intamin raping the gorgeous view of Dragon Khan, I don't think so.

BTW, Skyrush has to be the most uninspiring ride in the world. Yeah, drop, airtime, turn, airtime, turn, airtime, turn, brakes. Yay.

A

Anonymous

^ Like most other mega/hyper/giga coaster out there, and they are still highly rated...

andrus

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
Except that EGF sucks...

I do think Skyrush looks interesting though :) wouldn't mind having something similar built at PA!

Ben

CF Legend

Skyrush is basically Formula Rossa with a drop. It looks dire. Goliath, there's a Mega Coaster. Sadly, Intamin seem to have forgotten they can make GOOD Megas that are over 100ft!

D1993

Hyper Poster

^^ EGF sucks?
WHAT?!?!
Seriously what? You dont even have to ride it to know its amazing and awesome. Whatever, each to his own opinion

^ I dont see the comparison between skyrush and formula rossa. Sure, they both have that overall 'figure 8' layout, but one is a hyper with lift hill and steep drop, while the other is an extremely fast launch coaster. I guess after the first experiences (which make the ride IMO), they do resemble each other in ways, but still not close enough to be compared to really.
Im not going to say this is going to be bad, im just going to be excited for it and wait to ride!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

D1993 said:
^^ EGF sucks?
WHAT?!?!
Seriously what? You dont even have to ride it to know its amazing and awesome. Whatever, each to his own opinion

Actually, yes, you do need to ride it to know that. I learned a long time ago that unless you're in that seat, off the first drop, you have absolutely no idea what it will be like. The opinions of people who rode it six years ago when they had a small experience of coasters will be massively different to somebody who rode it this year who has a mass of coaster experience. Rides change, and so do our attitudes and so does our memory of experience.

I've heard nothing but poor reports about EGF over the last two years or so, and I rely on them much more than any opinion I may have formulated, or views on the ride that are now completely out of date...

Ben

CF Legend

D1993 said:
^^ EGF sucks?
WHAT?!?!

No, EGF is terrible. I've, um, BEEN on it so I can say that?

^ I dont see the comparison between skyrush and formula rossa. Sure, they both have that overall 'figure 8' layout, but one is a hyper with lift hill and steep drop, while the other is an extremely fast launch coaster. I guess after the first experiences (which make the ride IMO), they do resemble each other in ways, but still not close enough to be compared to really.
Im not going to say this is going to be bad, im just going to be excited for it and wait to ride!

So, um, yeah. You're retarded.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^^ I think it is because they are both just a very generic layout from Intamin that are meant to showcase either speed (Formula Rossa) or a new style train (Skyrush). As Ben said, those are very bland and similar layouts.

Switching between the hideouts'...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^^ Why are you being so incredibly rude? Was there anything scathing or rude about my comment?
Im replying to your post voicing my opinion and trying to understand what youre saying ..... and you call me retarded, instead of explaining what you mean. yes they are both fairly bland sort of layouts, but the ride experiences are not going feel the same.
Dont go around and call people retarded.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I find this whole EGF thing very strange... I mean, it came (joint) top of many years running? People used to rave on about it, now it seems the complete opposite?

Has it losts its airtime or something?

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ No, they wont, but they wont be what you expect from an Intamin hypercoaster either. After all the unique layouts they've been producing these past years, recieving a simple figure 8 layout twice in one year is rather bland of them. Imo at least...

Switching between the hideouts'...

andrus

Giga Poster

Martyn B said:
I find this whole EGF thing very strange... I mean, it came (joint) top of many years running? People used to rave on about it, now it seems the complete opposite?

Has it losts its airtime or something?
I haven't ridden it in the past in it's glory, but when I rode it two years ago it was a very dire experience. Yes, the first drop was great and the first airtime hill decent (although nothing compared to Colossos). But the train almost stalled on the upcoming overbanks and the final bunny hops didn't delivere any airtime..

It is very unispiring to ride a mega coaster that's supposed to be fast but feels like it's slower than a kiddie coaster! And when the ride doesn't deliever the airtime either, well, then it's a very dire coaster imo..