What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something

Well that escalated quickly! The size of this thing what is even happening!!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

At least the parks know how to drive us enthusiasts crazy!

Oh wait...

Dar

Hyper Poster

Rob from TST said:
A few more photos from Klugheimleaks:

11046415_887484504648017_4806357418632828091_n.jpg

Bildschirmfoto-2015-03-10-um-14.01.41.png

Bildschirmfoto-2015-03-10-um-14.02.07.png

Bildschirmfoto-2015-03-10-um-14.02.57.png

I spy some track in the second photo!

:)

Maybe they're aiming to open it this year? :p /jk

Dar

Hyper Poster

There is a perception that Merlin seem to have a habit of leaving large projects to the last minute, leading to delays and rush jobs (The Smiler). I suggested they were trying to get Taron open for this season and he, using the aforementioned perception of Merlin's late starts on projects, suggested they were copying Merlin's aforementioned project methodology.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^Merlin are actually very good when it comes to projects, The Smiler was unfortunate, but I can name many projects they have finished on time. Six Flags on the other hand....

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Well if thats the case my point still stands for what Dar has said.

Maybe next time you could explain yourself a little more.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Something does look different, but I can't put my finger on what!

Temleh

Mega Poster

Ethan said:
Something does look different, but I can't put my finger on what!

The cross ties are now cylindrical rather than cuboid shaped. :)

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yeah you're right! Not sure if I like it though :L

EthC

Mega Poster

Certainly does look weird with the circular cross ties, although i'm sure it wont affect the actual ride, I'm just excited to see how this turns out, i'm surprised they are building it so early for what i have heard is a 2016 project, but then maybe the want to be safe rather then sorry with what happened with Chiapas.

Lofty

CF Legend

Why do people give a flying **** if the cross ties are cylindrical or cuboid - it makes not one once of **** difference...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Because people have said it looks different, not will ride any differently.
And even if people do care if it's cylindrical or cuboid so what, it doesn't affect you so why post such a harsh post?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Lofty said:
Why do people give a flying **** if the cross ties are cylindrical or cuboid - it makes not one once of **** difference...

Well, it's what we got, isn't it? Might as well discuss the details, while the broad scope of this project is somewhat unkno-

Wait, that trench is how big?!? And some of those footers are like shipping containers stacked on end. This seems to indicate that quite big forces will be at play. Speaking of footers, is it common that they are delivered pre-cast to the site? In previous years, I seem to recall we've mostly seen footers cast in place? Anyway, I can see why they're doing it this way, they can have the foundations a lot quicker if they don't have to wait for a week for the footers to cure after pouring. It's also rather unusual to see supports bolted to the footers already, before they are even placed. Another time-saving element, I suppose.

But I digress. Intamin LSM, a long trench that will either be a launch or the most boring stretch of straight track since that Superman coaster, footers clearly dimensioned for great forces, and they're starting construction incredibly early. Could this be the Maverick-style coaster we've been waiting to see again since, well, Maverick? To date, I think it's still the one coaster with the most successful mixing-and-matching of various elements usually reserved to be "showcase elements" for other coasters. And even if it is a little toned down, like Cheetah Hunt, well, the fact that they're building it now should speak volumes of what kind of themeing we could expect for it come 2016.

Hm. Yeah, Lofty, seems you're right after all. Cylindrical or cuboid cross ties, the difference actually is there (ease of welding, most likely), but we have bigger things to swoon over. Like holy heck that trench and those footers. Have anyone attempted to piece together a possible layout yet?

Dar

Hyper Poster

Footers that tall usually imply that they're going to be in water? Maybe it *IS* an AquaTrax after all!

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Any reason why this is still in News and Rumours and not in Construction yet?
Looks interesting, they need to hurry up though as i'm visiting in 3 weeks and I want the cred! :bad-words: