Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something

I can't believe it's gone vertical! SO EXCITED AHHH

Dar

Hyper Poster

Someone on *shudders*TPR posted a link to theses photos from a construction worker!

A quick aerial shot before the major construction started:
10426118_887487101314424_2037884564609619064_n.jpg

64244_887484467981354_5062205098055145716_n.jpg

11046415_887484504648017_4806357418632828091_n.jpg

11021052_887484537981347_8476770959995926196_n.jpg

10471134_887484584648009_7672391906465278868_n.jpg

Source: Facebook

Looks really interesting and I can't wait to see this develop! :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

When I first looked at it, the last picture looked like a really messed up Corkscrew.

Other than that, I am so excited for this! Vertical Construction is always good!

peep

CF Legend

Well, I wasn't expecting to see that today!

So, several things...

- Those supports look Premier/Vekoma-ish? A Premier would support the earlier rumours compared to the more recent Intamin ones (originally it was being compared to Revenge of the Mummy).

- You don't really get an idea of how ridiculously massive this thing is until you see the tiny little man next to the tunnel of hugeness.

andrus

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ It's an Intamin.
Do we actually know that? There hasn't been any official statement yet as far as I've heard. All we know is that screamscape thinks it'll be an Intamin:
Screamscape said:
As for the coaster itself... again, the information seems to lead us to think that this is an Intamin made coaster, but with a design that may be more of a mix of Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa and Thirteen at Alton Towers.

Jared

Hyper Poster

Those supports look more Zierer than Intamin. It would also make more sense as the rumours suggest a 10m free fall section, which would see them digging a far bigger pit. Not only that, but Intamin's drop system requires a lighter train and would no doubt not allow for inversions? Obviously I can't be 100% on that, but to me it's screaming Zierer over Intamin at the moment. That and the supports match those being used on Impulse.

bmac

Giga Poster

Intamin and Zierer have pretty much the same track, how can you tell them apart?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

andrus said:
Do we actually know that?

Yes. The german fans have seen lot's of Intamin wrapped equipment, as well as Intamin cars on site.

bmac said:
Intamin and Zierer have pretty much the same track, how can you tell them apart?

You can't, they are the only two identical tracks in the industry.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Plus, nothing bad about Zierer, but Intamin seems more qualified to pull of what has been rumored so far.

peep

CF Legend

^why? Surely it's the opposite after the huge issues with Chiapas. The only reason it was delayed by a year was because Intamin failed to build a ride that worked. Then you have Zierer who built Verbolten, a cred with a drop track and two launches. Yeah, some technical issues but only the same ones that Intamin's Thirteen had.

The only reason Phantasia would use Intamin again is because of some bulk deal, or some compensation after Chiapas. But then you read that this has been in the works for 10 years so maybe they booked Intamin for this project before having any intawoe.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Yes, Zierer has shown major progress in developing coasters lately, but Intamin still is the market leader in regards of innovation.
It's been rumored that this new coaster will have 2 launches, a tilt-track section and a 10 meter free fall, something along the lines of Escape From Gringotts, Intamin seems most likely to be the one to pull that off.

Yes Chiapas has seen delays, as has a lot of other new concepts from Intamin, but they ARE new concepts and a major step forward in developing ride technology, something which Phantasialand seems to require for their new rides.

I'm not fanboying, I just honestly think that Intamin is the most qualified manufacturer for this project.

Jared

Hyper Poster

If it is an Intamin, where's the huge pit for the drop track?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

What about the FX Coaster model coming to Ferrari World? Those include everything stated, and the track is huge.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend

It's going up!

B_p7ofjUwAIAHLz.jpg

Photo from Towers Street/Loopings.

peep

CF Legend

Some of those look quite high, a little surprised.

Jared

Hyper Poster

The footers match those used by Zierer on Impluse. I really think it's them!

Jared

Hyper Poster

They could be onsite for Chiapas?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something new

^ ^I think so! I think they're referring to parts on the construction site.

If it's Zierer, why is there a carbon copy of cheetah hunt's 'tunnel' ?

Given that Intamin and Zierer track styles are virtually identical, it's very hard to distinguish one from the other, but we know the following...

- Intamin changes their style pretty much with every coaster they build, so past builds, especially th13teen are almost irrelevant.
- The supports we've seen so far have round supports and track connectors, with (10?) bolts per connector, unlike the square based, 6-bolt ones on Impulse
-Chiapas, despite initial teething problems, is now considered a huge success
- Intamin parts have allegedly been spotted on site.

Either way, if this has anywhere near the theming of Chiapas, with the intensity of Maverick, it'll be fab....