What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

megasonic

Roller Poster
Re: Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something

ThomVD said:
The name reminds me of something though. Are you sure the full name isn't Taron 1898? :wink:

Haha! Well, now that you mention it... it really sounds familiar. But I believe Phantasialand was planning at least as long as Efteling. I don't think ordinary visitors will see a link between the names.

andrus

Giga Poster

megasonic said:
It reminds me of Wodan at Europa-Park.
Yes, and Troy at Toverland. It seems like they are trying to convey a wooden (and most likely viking) theme. But if it'll actually be a wooden coaster I don't know. Like Thom wrote Phantasialand got som quite strict restrictions, plus I personally think that a wooden support structure in such a tight space would be rather ugly and not fit in with the Phantasialand theme at all (see Twister at Gröna Lund), but that's just me.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hmm, I put "Taron" in Google Translate and did a Wiki search, it's something to do with "a small ethnic group in the Himalayan foothills of northern Burma". I doubt that has any relevance but worth a shot.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Screamscape said:
Screamscape source have sent us a bit more information about Phantasialand's new Klugheim project. For starters, apparently the new coaster itself is likely to be named "Taron", as the park has filed for a new trademark to use this name and logo as seen here.

As for the coaster itself... again, the information seems to lead us to think that this is an Intamin made coaster, but with a design that may be more of a mix of Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa and Thirteen at Alton Towers. Our source says that the layout they saw had the coaster leave the station and go through a short dark-ride style indoor section before hitting a launch track and going outside and into a figure-8 style element labeled the "Panorama Curve", which is said to look a lot like the elevated figure-8 element on Cheetah Hunt. From here the train will drop into a series of S-curves before entering a building for another dark ride section that looked to include a 10-meter free-fall drop track element, much like Thirteen. Leaving here, the train appeared to load into a tilt-track style element, much like the one on Escape from Gringotts, dropping the train down and into a second launch track, into an Immelman style inversion, a series of overbanked curves, an into either a corkscrew or zero-g-roll inversion before sliding back into the station one again.

Our source also described the trains as looking quite a bit like Skyrush at Hersheypark, seating 4 across with the outer two seats hanging out over the edge of the track. The trains wont be very long however, featuring just 2 cars per train, and each car only having 2 rows, for a total of 16 riders per train.

This sounds.. incredible.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

This sounds like it would break down constantly :p . Also sounds fantastic yeah. It would fit Phantasialand, most of their rides are unique and crazy.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This is exactly what I had hoped for and more!
Great to see that the vertical drop will be 10m! Almost a double up from Thirteen.

nadroJ

CF Legend

This going to be ridiculous, and I have every faith that Phantasialand will pull this off expertly. I love it <3

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

That sounds like someone's dream ride, rather than an actual likely ride...

A lot of things that could go wrong as well, so would probably open a year later a la Chiapas...

peep

CF Legend

Haha, sounds like someones dream rather than what will happen. Then again this is Phantasia. I would love to see that happen and they would pull it off so well.

I have concerns on how they could fit all of that in but Phantasia do love a good jigsaw puzzle.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
That sounds like someone's dream ride, rather than an actual likely ride...

A lot of things that could go wrong as well, so would probably open a year later a la Chiapas...

peep said:
Haha, sounds like someones dream rather than what will happen. Then again this is Phantasia. I would love to see that happen and they would pull it off so well.

I have concerns on how they could fit all of that in but Phantasia do love a good jigsaw puzzle.

It is my dream ride! :--D
I mean, the guys that did Chiapas is doing an Intamin Launcher!

But yeah, let's see what happens, it does sound too good to be true...

TilenB

Strata Poster

That really sounds freaking amazing. I can't even imagine how it is going to look like :D
But I agree with Thom, it would be better to 'avoid' the ride in the first weeks/months of operation, since it is quite likely that breakdowns would occur rather constantly. I mean, 2 launches, 2 drop sections, one tilted track section... And made by a company that has, after more than 5 years, yet to figure out how to make that elevator lift on water coasters work properly.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Looks fabulouussss. I like Thirteen. I like Cheetah Hunt. A mix of the two is bound to be good. I've heard nothing but good things about Phantasialand so I'm sure they'll pull it off.

Shame it won't be open for my visit in early April haha.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

"Cross between Cheetah Hunt and Thirteen" So, erm, Intamin made Verbolten?

If it's anything like V-bolt but with the improved power of Intamin launches and their drop, with Phantasialand theming... Wow.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Joey said:
"Cross between Cheetah Hunt and Thirteen" So, erm, Intamin made Verbolten?

Lol that's what I thought XD

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Ladys and gentlemen, we have...

Vertical construction!!!

phloverv040315.jpg

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3520/Jet ... onnen.html

andrus

Giga Poster

Awesome! :--D

I'm confused, will the coaster open this year or next? I thought it wasn't supposed to open until next year, but with supports already going up...