What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

^ It's still a terrible name in my opinion. Even my guess ages ago with 'Mission Cleopatra' sound better :)
I don't care what it is as long as it fits and actually sounds good.

ry1996

Mega Poster

That name is very bad, i know its not accurate but its still really bad. Yeah "mission Cleopatra" does sound much better i think its not a bad name.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

How is Horus not a good name for an Egyptian themed ride?

Ra not so much, but Horus would be rather awesome...

Mission Cleopatra is just long winded, and only based upon the book of the same name... Last time I went to Asterix, none of the rides shared a name with one of the books...

Meh, theming, they better get her nose right [/Asterix joke]

dominoes

Mega Poster

To be honest, this is Park Asterix we are talking about. When was the last time they used a serious name to name a ride...?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
^ It's still a terrible name in my opinion. Even my guess ages ago with 'Mission Cleopatra' sound better :)
I don't care what it is as long as it fits and actually sounds good.

Actually, I did see a french pov on youtube that called it mission cleopatra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g24QMXbAgTI)...I'd be happy with that name anyway...

Personally, I think the station building will look rather epic because it's big and most models look tacky anyway....

D1993

Hyper Poster

Dave said:
D1993 said:
^ thats an aboslutely horrible name. lol. Just imagine out .....hey lets go ride 'Horus Ra'!!
Umm. Tehe it just sounds silly.
At the end of the day I dont really care what they call it, but a good name always helps with the feel of the ride

If you did a tiny bit of research they are both names of the hawk god. So it was Horus or Ra hence the '/'

I didnt mean it was a horrible name in the way it links to the ride and the relevance. I meant that horus or ra would be horrible names for a roller coaster thats all.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

dominoes said:
To be honest, this is Park Asterix we are talking about. When was the last time they used a serious name to name a ride...?

Tonnerre de Zeus isn't serious?

Defi de Cesar is quite serious... Eye of the beholder really...

Still, if it's good enough for Montu...

dominoes

Mega Poster

^^Oh yeah, good point. I was just thinking about Menhir Express, Gouderix, and all those. Also, they don't do much in Greece in the Asterix books, so a serious name could be excused... But yeah, I see your point...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Nemesis Inferno said:
Ra not so much, but Horus would be rather awesome...

Come on!!! Imagine Stone Cold at the Cf-Live there having a ride named after him ;)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Can't believe construction for this started almost a year ago and there's still no announcement.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Yeah, rather bizarre! They did relase an announcement when ground clearing started, but that was to say a new ride is being built!

When I spoke to the company theming the ride at the EAS in London, the MD said he can't give any details but expect an announcement "soon".

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ haha! They still havent announced the ride properly, although a huge percentage of the ride is extremely obviously already revealed. lol

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Any news on testing? Not sure what theming needs to go in first, is there a lot?

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ dont they have to do pull-through's first with just a couple of carriages before they do full train testing?

D1993

Hyper Poster

ohhhh ok.
So they'll just start testing straight away with full trains then?
Hopefully its soon, cos it feels like its been forever