What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

dsc00203_gf-grand--2cfca18.jpg

dsc00212_gf-grand--2cfcaa3.jpg

There's some close up pictures of the trains here, but they're still all wrapped up.

http://sanglierrotix.babaorum.info/t3-I ... m?start=30

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oooh. Yummy. It loooks like some sort of fish. This is alot like Montu, Eh?(Sorry for going all Canadian on ya there). I wonder if they will make a whole Egyptian scetion? Sorry if any of this has been mention. I'm tired and I dn't feel like looking.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Great! This means that testing should hopefully start soon...

But why did they install two trains at the same time and one a little after?Or perhaps the 3rd one hadn't been completed...

Why can't it start testing? The operators controls have been installed? Or do we have to wait for the theming?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

My bet is they won't start testing until all theming is done, because, you know, if you test before, and then when theming is done, it doesn't get clearance, it is a bigger pain in the ass than if you would have just waited because it is all lost time. Testing won't happen until everything is done my bet.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^True, but on the other hand you don't want to do all the theming then find out there's a problem with the track/sensors (or something like that) and have to decontruct everything.

I'd have thought they'd get some of the theming done, like the major bits and bobs, then start testing. From the looks of things the major bits and bobs are already done. ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

Some concept art:

concep10.jpg

And a few facts (translated):

The roller coaster opened in April 2012 begins
- The park is still in doubt between 4 names
- We chose an Egyptian theme, because this after an inquiry with the guests and was popular because "Asterix and Cleopatra" is one of the best-selling comic books ever.
- The roller coaster is implanted in an Egyptian oasis with a palace of Pharaoh, a huge basin of 1000 m, palm trees and a monumental obelisk
- The shops and entertainment will also be Egyptian themed.
- The queue will completely between and among the coaster through
- The interaction with the terrain is very tight to within + / - two meters away.
- The total investment amounts to around € 20 million.

peep

CF Legend

Ok, that pic and those facts just got me even more excited. Opens in April too? Hmm *considers birthday trip*

D1993

Hyper Poster

wow, this is looking better and better! The whole area is going to feel fantastic! Whats with the 1000m basin?
Is that supposed to be where the track goes through the tunnel (and under water) ?
Its going to be amazing. And what is an obelisk?

D1993

Hyper Poster

ohhh i see. I can see the obelisk in the concept art.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Found this on sanglier Rotix...Is this what the station building will look like? Looks like it!

Attachments

• 320969_252443704798498_204549819587887_717112_270726719_n.jpg
    320969_252443704798498_204549819587887_717112_270726719_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 83

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Station looks tacky. Hopefully the finished product will be better, but if the model is that awful then I'm not holding out much hope.

Edit - Just thought actually, they'll be going for a comic book version of Egyptian rather than "real" Egyptian, so I guess it works a lot better when you think of it that way. Still tacky though.

peep

CF Legend

^I don't think it'll look tacky at all, if it turns out anything like their style for the Caesar attraction it should look rather epic. I don't think we should be judging the theming on a poor quality pic of a model that could have been made ages ago and could have had design changes since it was made. I think it gives us a rough idea / confirms what we thought the building would look like and I still feel it'll look epic when finished.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ thats an aboslutely horrible name. lol. Just imagine out .....hey lets go ride 'Horus Ra'!!
Umm. Tehe it just sounds silly.
At the end of the day I dont really care what they call it, but a good name always helps with the feel of the ride

Dave

CF Legend

D1993 said:
^ thats an aboslutely horrible name. lol. Just imagine out .....hey lets go ride 'Horus Ra'!!
Umm. Tehe it just sounds silly.
At the end of the day I dont really care what they call it, but a good name always helps with the feel of the ride

If you did a tiny bit of research they are both names of the hawk god. So it was Horus or Ra hence the '/'