What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Ben

CF Legend
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Surely you could make magnetic ones that retract if you're that bothered about it?

God knows though.

marc

CF Legend

Tbh sometimes coasters do need a trim, they are ok if they are in the right place and not on a drop where your actually meant to pic up speed hehe.

I think with no trim/mid course Katan and Montu would be far to intense.

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ MCBR's serve a different purpose to general trims though. I know they do trim the speed, but thats ususally because the following section of track was designed in mind with the train crawling from the MCBR, incase of a breakdown etc.

Surely you could make magnetic ones that retract if you're that bothered about it?

Thirteen is a good example of that.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Martyn B said:

Thirteen is a good example of that.

And so is Stampida. Those trims on the first drop are retractable but the park won't run the ride without them.

Ben

CF Legend

So, both examples, the park doesn't actually retract them...?

What's the POINT?

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Apparently, Thirteen does. Its supposed to be weight related. If there's only a couple of people riding, the trim wont affect anything.

Lofty

CF Legend

It just annoys me how everyone is like, "AGHHHH **** TRIMS".

Um, guys, the trims are kind of there for a reason, so the ride actually does exactly what it's made and designed to do. So, yeah, it's kind of no difference if it does have a trim or not, either way, it's going to ride how it was designed, if you don't like it, that's your opinion.

Seriously. **** sake. Who actually cares?

Ben

CF Legend

^If it's anything like the other new Inverts though, its "design" will be to be slow and forceless.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^^Then why design a ride that has what is about to be an epic moment of ejector (Diamondback) only to have it crawl over the hill due to a trim that rapes the train? Why not just make the hill bigger?

Lofty

CF Legend

tomahawKSU said:
^^Then why design a ride that has what is about to be an epic moment of ejector (Diamondback) only to have it crawl over the hill due to a trim that rapes the train? Why not just make the hill bigger?

Listen, at the end of the day, the rides that are built are DESIGNED the way they are. There are odd exceptions where the trims are added AFTER opening. But from what I've seen, Diamondback had them on already? Therefore, they were added so it rode how they designed it...

I thought that would be clear by now?

Some parks don't actually WANT ejector airtime, therefore when they're in the consulting/design stage of the coaster/ride, they'd state that, and then, more then likely, something would be done about it.

Seriously, your post kind of made me LOL. Surely other people can see where I am coming from?

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ Yes but I disagree about a lot of what you said.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

-lofty- said:
tomahawKSU said:

Listen, at the end of the day, the rides that are built are DESIGNED the way they are. There are odd exceptions where the trims are added AFTER opening. But from what I've seen, Diamondback had them on already? Therefore, they were added so it rode how they designed it...

I thought that would be clear by now?

Some parks don't actually WANT ejector airtime, therefore when they're in the consulting/design stage of the coaster/ride, they'd state that, and then, more then likely, something would be done about it.

Seriously, your post kind of made me LOL. Surely other people can see where I am coming from?
Why not make the lift hill smaller? Why not make the hills bigger? I can see your point, but it's not really the best argument. If the park (or manufacturer) didn't want ejector, then they could've designed it out without the use of trims.

The reason trims are used is because they allow the train to have a tolerance is speed. In an ideal world, the coaster would be designed to have perfect floater (or whatever was required) and the hills would be shaped and it would never need to be touched. Sadly the real world is different. Trims are there to try an make the riding experience uniform, regardless of the small changes in speed that the trains are going to have. The trims aren't put there to slow the train every time (like you're suggesting by saying that they're designed into the ride), but to slow it if it's overspeeding. It's a case of controlling factors that CANNOT be worked out in simulators.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It was more of a rhetorical question, as I clearly understand the need for trims, part of it is to keep forces in check, other for train maintenance, etc. but still doesn't mean I have to like them.

Nick

Mega Poster

From the NL video, the layout seems to flow really nicely. Flying out of the tunnel and into the odd shaped wingover should be awesome!

Xpress

Strata Poster

Yeah, that wasn't all that great even... The real ride will be MUCH much better.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ testing will be even better!
I just cant wait to see the train run the course!
Which should be very soon right?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Xpress said:
Yeah, that wasn't all that great even... The real ride will be MUCH much better.
I don't think it was meant to be the greatest NL track ever. It was just showing the layout.

D1993 said:
^ testing will be even better!
I just cant wait to see the train run the course!
Which should be very soon right?
Who knows?! It depends how much other stuff they've got to do that we won't really see. Wiring the station, all the sensors, the computers etc will all go in with very little noticeable progress. So depending how far through that they are, we might see testing next week, or next month, or maybe even later.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Yeah I guess that all takes a while. Shame they dont have more updated blogs and stuff like Cedar Fair so we can get more detailed ideas of how far/close they are to testing.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Hixee said:
Who knows?! It depends how much other stuff they've got to do that we won't really see. Wiring the station, all the sensors, the computers etc will all go in with very little noticeable progress. So depending how far through that they are, we might see testing next week, or next month, or maybe even later.

The one thing nobody thinks of. The humble wiring harness.