What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

I don't think it's sped up either. But remember, the coaster is only at the beginning of it's testing phase. I remember a documentary of the construction of Tatsu. At the first test the coaster did the complete circuit ~10 seconds faster than calculated! The forces would obvioulsly have been too strong at this point so B&M tweaked the ride by changing to wheels with higher friction. That way they managed to get the ride around the track in the exact time calculated. I am pretty sure this is how B&M does on every new ride they install. I'm just saying the ride might look really fast now, but it's just in the beginning of the testing phase, so the coaster might end up a lot slower when opening next year..

Martyn B

CF Legend

On the video that I had to download, it goes up the lift quicker than Maverick...

I'll try it again.

Edit: I done it again, but it was still super quick, but it is on Youtube now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ncieFrrz8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Looking awesome now! Glad to see it finally testing (succesfully of course), even though most of the theming hasn't been completed yet....

But the underwater drop must be finished now musn't it?

dominoes

Mega Poster

^^I don't think the hill is faster than maverick, but I'm not sure... It looks about the same speed, if slower, as Nemesis Inferno.
I love this! Thank you soooo much Parc Asterix for making a thrill ride that doesn't hurt like hell!

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Now we're talking!

Loving the look of this. Still early days, so trims to be tweaked etc, but at the moment it's looking super-speedy and force-y.

Might need to take a trip to France next year.

A

Anonymous

Seems like they haven't filled the track with material, since it makes a lot more noise than other new B&M's.
Absolutely love it!!

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

looks amazing...still no announcement of a name?
And am I the only one that thinks this looks a lot like Montu at Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay?

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, this just makes me think of how Montu would be if it was built today.

And I thank God it was built when it was.

This looks crap, to be honest. It doesn't "fly" around the track, it crawls around it. Looks a LOT like Silver Bullet.

Good really, I have no intention of going to France thanks. Land of Frogs and grime.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

The lift is in no way faster than Maverick up that lift. Maverick practically launches. Actually, isn't the lift TECHNICALLY a launch on Maverick?

Anyway, this looks quality. Ignore Ben. :p

Inverts come in 3 types. Since they are all pretty damn good, we only speak of the really, really high quality ones being awesome. Batman, Nemesis, Pyrenees, Katun, Montu, etc. There's also the "unusual" ones, such as Great Bear and Alpengeist, which whilst not technically as good as some others, are fantastic for just being quite amazingly different to the others. Then there's the rest of them, which are still better than MOST coasters, but aren't worth shouting about within the Invert category.

I don't know where this will lie, but something tells me the "unusual" group. I don't think it's going to feel like an old school one, nor do I think it's going to suck, I think it's going to ride differently to most of them.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The lift is in no way faster than Maverick up that lift. Maverick practically launches. Actually, isn't the lift TECHNICALLY a launch on Maverick?

The video that you had to download was super quick for me, literally running in fast forward. But the video thats now on youtube is normal speed.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

The lift looks no faster than any other B&M invert and the pacing looks spot on. That overbanked turn is going to be killer.

Xpress

Strata Poster

That zero-g-roll thing... The trail just flows so fluidly through it.

<3

dominoes

Mega Poster

I am really starting to think the people at Asterix are going to just be sitting there,.and then one of them will just say, "oh god,we forgot to release the name..."

Ben

CF Legend

Considering it's France, they should use the Arabic for their favourite word and call it...

استسلام

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Google it. I thought that would be obvious.

Just in case, you're too lazy or something? It means Surrender.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I think we have to face the fact that this coaster has no name... and never will.