What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

STC

Mega Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Joey said:
Inverts come in 3 types. Since they are all pretty damn good, we only speak of the really, really high quality ones being awesome. Batman, Nemesis, Pyrenees, Katun, Montu, etc. There's also the "unusual" ones, such as Great Bear and Alpengeist, which whilst not technically as good as some others, are fantastic for just being quite amazingly different to the others. Then there's the rest of them, which are still better than MOST coasters, but aren't worth shouting about within the Invert category.
Not forgetting the handful of complete misfires, of what I've ridden Nemesis Inferior and Silver Bullet spring to mind. Also, now they're no longer duelling, Dragon Challenge.

Snoo

The Legend

Actually looks quite good tbh. Looks to have a decent amount of speed throughout. While it might not be super amazing, it won't be terrible.

Dar

Hyper Poster

I quite like the fact that the vertical loop isn't the first element off the drop like on a lot of B&M inverts. Really looking forward to this coaster, it's prompted me to plan a road trip for next year now!

dominoes

Mega Poster

I also like the drop ALOT. I am so bored of Nemesis Incapacitated with its boring turn and curved drop. Nemesis is fun, but it lacks the thrill of the big scary drop...

Nick

Mega Poster

Cheers for posting the video! Looks great IMO. The loop is taken at a nice pace, the inline is slower, but then it's a big inline (considering it comes quite late in the circuit), I think it will be nice and floaty. The best thing though, are the drops, they all look really steep. And the fact that they often go into tunnels makes them even better. All in all I love the pacing, the way it slows down slightly the swoops into one of those tight drops. I want

peep

CF Legend

Nemesis Inferno said:
http://vimeo.com/30953037

New video of testing... Theming going up, this is looking good...

WANT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I'm surprised Ben hasn't bashed this yet with this new update.

I still love what I see. The vertical loop is taken with great speed and that 0-g roll is probably going to feel like Patriot's. That following turn is probably going to be like Batman: The Ride's mid course turns as well. Also, take note at how much speed the train has when it hits the brakes. Incredible.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Just looks SO good! :D

Couple more photos:

img32902e0ae6c.jpg

img32912e0b15e.jpg

http://sanglierrotix.babaorum.info/portal.php

****, thats one hell of a footchopper as you pull out of there!

dominoes

Mega Poster

This is going to awesome! I love the bridge over the water tunnel!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Loving it!

I've got a feeling that that foot-chopper will end up being a close-up viewpoint for the ride, like this:
Oblivion_(Alton_Towers)_01.jpg

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Antinos said:
I'm surprised Ben hasn't bashed this yet with this new update.

I still love what I see. The vertical loop is taken with great speed and that 0-g roll is probably going to feel like Patriot's. That following turn is probably going to be like Batman: The Ride's mid course turns as well. Also, take note at how much speed the train has when it hits the brakes. Incredible.

I don't think there is really anything to complain about. :p That train is hauling all the way through to the brakes. Yeah I know, it's still testing and all that, but does anyone really think it they could possibly slow the ride down that much. I don't think so.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^You don't know Ben...

Also, that pullout looks epic. Especially as it's apparently going to be covered by themeing. Sure to be a spot where you can't refrain from lifting your feet, and it's bound to cause rumours (a la "you know some people lost their feet on that?").

Ben

CF Legend

The fact you all think I'd waste my time even watching the video is quite cute.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Having watched the latest video, I'm thinking this may not be as good as I once hoped. It's well paced but it does seem to drag its heels a bit. Only interactivity/theme can save it now...

D1993

Hyper Poster

So just out of curiosity, is there a proper testing video?
One that shows us the whole layout from a different perspective, and not just a section of the ride from the woods?

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

...... anyway I really like the layout of this and hopefully Ill be able to make a visit to Parc Asterix to ride this although I agree that the pacing may be slow but we should wait until it opens when we can make a judgement on how the pacing affects the ride

We don't want language like that thanks, it only fuels the fire. Insult(s) removed - Hixee

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

New testing video! :--D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN_GmRNqVeE&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

This is going to be intense...

andrus

Giga Poster

Has anybody got a grip of the layout yet? Are there two zero-g rolls in the layout? To me it looks like there's one after the trench and one later on close to the station building.. But I might be wrong! Would be good with a pov, animated or real, to clarify things!