What's new

Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoaster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: 2013 B&M Wingrider?

^ I've got 3 parks within an hours drive from where I live, but Kennywood is just where I grew up going to the most (as it was the cheapest). Its the park I know the most, plus I'm abnormally calm while there.

Like I said, when I move, its gonna be the one park I think about when I think of family here in Ohio. Yea, Adventuredome (ew....just ew) and the new one on the South End of the Strip will be closest, but it wont be Kennywood.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

CPcisco

Mega Poster

furie said:
So is this for all B&M coasters, the production is split across the two plants?

I would like to say that it is, but I can't be 100% certain on that because I can't seem to place the link that I found that info at. :(

I do have these two links to some very awesome inside footage of the Clermont facility though if you are interested.

This is a great post on News Plus Notes about the facility if you have never read it. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2008/12/scott-carol-present.html

And this is a clip from a show called "Supercoasters - The Sheer Thrill" has some awesome shots of how the Clermont facility works.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSl5MMlJIho&feature=g-hist&context=G2ad58d2AHTw0EtQAJAA[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend

I LOVED that video. It's fantastic. Why have I never seen this before?!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Because you've been living under a rock. On Mars.

Can somebody wake me up when it gets to the good bit?

Oh, and glad to see another wingrider on the cards! They're fab.

Brookes

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
I LOVED that video. It's fantastic. Why have I never seen this before?!

It's been posted a couple of times around the forums before. And I agree with Ian; good to see another wingrider coming along, I am desperate to ride one.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

The tag has the "WI" in the part number. Unless B&M have changed their naming system (which is likely, but probably didn't happen) that means the track is for a wing rider coaster. Hair Raiser had "SC" for sitting coaster, the in inverts have "IC" for inverted coaster, and the megas have "MC" for mega coaster.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

That statement was made during Diamondback's construction in 2008 and refers to identifying information for the parks. I was meaning changed the tags recently, as in from last year's B&M crop to this year's. The tracks still had type designations on them as late as last year.

This is Leviathan's track tag, notice the "MC" for mega coaster.
attachment.php

Parc Asterix's Invert has an "IC" in the part number
Blue%2BParc%2BAsterix%2BTrack%2B2.jpg

Here is an older track tag to show the difference. This is the type of tag that Mr. Miller was referring to that has since been changed into the type that you see above. Notice that the customer is listed as "Chimelong Paradise." The part number still has "DM" for dive machine in it though.
46581f88395c0e2f125lf7.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Ethan said:
So 'WI' stands for Wingrider then.

MC= Mega Coaster
IC = Inverted Coaster
DM = Dive Machine.

Surely Wing Rider would be WR (or WC for Wing Coaster?)

Must be a new ride type. Wooden Invert! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Martyn B

CF Legend

MC= Mega Coaster
IC = Inverted Coaster
DM = Dive Machine.

Surely Wing Rider would be WR (or WC for Wing Coaster?)

I was thinking that, but what else could that "W" mean in terms of B&M coasters?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

So it's not a wooden invert then? You're sure about this? ;)

Edit: Okay, I'll be serious about this. The Mega Coaster was their original name for what is now a Hyper Coaster:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... OWYGKT7v2A

That's an official document.

I can't find anything official about the Dive Machine, but Wikipedia certainly says it was a Dive Machine, and it probably was (it's too commonly used a product description to be false).

So the codes probably date back to their original designs and names for the rides. No point in having to update all your filing systems just because a product name changes and doesn't relate to the two letter code any more.

ry1996

Mega Poster

It is a Wingrider for definite. When dollywood's wild eagle track was first spotted, the tag on it was also
"WI".

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

So no hope at all of a Wooden Invert??? ;)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Don't think so, Furie :p

I love these sort of threads, always seem so exciting.

But yeah, I'm betting SF and green lantern.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

furie said:
So no hope at all of a Wooden Invert??? ;)
Nah, Most likely Wing Coaster.
Actually Australia needs something like this to boost their Theme Park industry. so I am really hoping it is going to an Aussie theme park. (If it can't go to a UK theme park)