What's new

Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoaster

Nic

Strata Poster
Pictures have been posted on Screamscape of new bright green track at the B&M plant. It's labelled with a part number that begins "WI-" which apparently signifies that this is part of a wingrider. Where's this one off to?

http://screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#BM

db_2012_0325_BMTrack_GreenWing011.jpg

db_2012_0325_BMTrack_GreenWing031.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: 2013 B&M Wingrider?

Tell you what, that X-Works company buys a lot of coasters ;)

My bets are on another Six Flags park to be honest. They tend to buy lots of similar types in bulk.

Nic

Strata Poster

Yeah, I think my money would be on Six Flags too. Unless of course the Gerstlauer in Alton's 2013 plans is all a ruse... ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend

With that colour scheme it's GOT to be a Six Flags park. And it'll be called Green Lantern Flight of Doom or something equally crap ;]

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I wouldn't be surprised if this shows up at a Six Flags park under the shape of X-Flight clone...

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'm assuming it's a Cedar Fair park...and I am assuming Cedar Point will be getting one in 2014 on a grander scale ala Xcelerator and Top Thrill Dragster.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^I'm kinda also thinking it's for Cedar point for some reason, not 2014 though, 2013?.

Jake

Strata Poster

Dunno but it REALLY should have gone to Canada's Wonderland instead of that silly Hyper/Giga thing.

I'll say any of the ex paramount parks (but not CW for obvious reasons). Most of them are lacking a major modern looping coaster, let alone something like this.

Lofty

CF Legend

I actually think Jordan has it bang on, I think it'll be another Green Lantern bollocks ride, more Wingrider's? Can't complaint really.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It won't be Green Lantern, Six Flags is looking to tie them in with movies, and next year, we will probably see several "The Flash" rides, as that is the WB movie coming out next year, as well as Superman. Green Lantern 2 doesn't even have a script or release date yet, so, you can count it out. Plus it is a lighter green.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

tomahawKSU said:
It won't be Green Lantern, Six Flags is looking to tie them in with movies, and next year, we will probably see several "The Flash" rides, as that is the WB movie coming out next year, as well as Superman. Green Lantern 2 doesn't even have a script or release date yet, so, you can count it out. Plus it is a lighter green.
There's no Flash movie next year. Apart from Superman, the big WB films in 2013 are Jack The Giant Killer and The Hobbit.

Nic

Strata Poster

I thought that was a Flash Gordon re-make. How disappointing.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I would agree that Jordan got it spot on, but this is most probably at the US plant, and x-works over the transport details would mean its going over international borders. So not in the US.

davidm

Strata Poster

"X works" is standard shipping sort of term for "not being delivered to customer, being collected from the factory" :)

oriolat2

Giga Poster

david morton said:
"X works" is standard shipping sort of term for "not being delivered to customer, being collected from the factory" :)

I thought B&M had stopped labelling their track pieces to protect customer's future additions, hence the generic X-Works...

davidm

Strata Poster

^ yeah, so the point is; it means nothing.

--

Screamscape are tweeting for pics of previous shipping labels to try to read something into the codes.

Blimey we are a desperate lot. :(

Robbie

Hyper Poster

tomahawKSU said:
http://www.superheromovies.net/The+Flash.html

No official date besides 2013 set.
I would be very surprised if that happens at all, let alone by next year.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Jake said:
Dunno but it REALLY should have gone to Canada's Wonderland instead of that silly Hyper/Giga thing

I wish <///3

If it's SF it'll defiantly be Green Lantern themed. It sounds exactly like something unoriginal they'd do. What about Heide Park ? Aren't they advertising for something already ?