What's new

Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoaster

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoa

That looks really good, love the tunnels. Bit faster than the others too and nice to see a standard drop as well.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

I haven't been following this much tbh and I like B&M wing coasters, but that looks to be the worst of the lot.

sparky2u

Mega Poster

Very nice coaster, B&M are the masters of the coaster world. Love to see a Bat-Wing & outside Loop on a wing-coaster next.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

ECG said:
I haven't been following this much tbh and I like B&M wing coasters, but that looks to be the worst of the lot.
Really? Id say this is the best.

the king

Mega Poster

One thing I like about this ride is that 'it does what it says on the tin'. I don't like it when a ride has a name that doesn't fit the ride in regards to the layout and experience. Though this wing-rider isn't as 'constant' as the others, it does have the style of flying over a rainforest with its layout. With the theming and all that it has, it looks like one of the best wing coasters from the lot.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster

Yeah i hadn't seen much about this myself but it does look to be one of the better wing-riders. The regular drops must be awesome in the wing-rider seats, I'm not too keen on the start of The Swarm and X-Flight.

Lofty

CF Legend

Apart from the large first drop, dive loop and sort-of-helix ending, I'm with ECG, it's one of the weakest in terms of layouts in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

It's interesting to see B&m go for a more speed coaster design with long turns and drops (instead of inversion after inversion as we have seen thus far).

It seems to kind of work - it is difficult to pick up on the speed with the shaky camera.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

From the Pov it looked alright. The surrounding environment looks pretty, long drops are a plus but it's hard to judge the speed because it doesn't seem to have great pacing.

Gazza

Giga Poster

ECG said:
I reckon it seems a bit more interesting than Wild Eagle though.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

Judging just from the POV it looks pretty good. I think B&M really need to use the wing coaster design to stay low to the ground and with lots of near misses. Yes heights are always awesome, but I really think they can set themselves apart by staying low and fast near the ground with some incredible near misses.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I only really like the look of the turn after the zero-g, but apart from that it just looks like average fun.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

This thing is massive and I love the colour scheme.

Green is a difficult colour. Because it exists so commonly in nature and we see it often, we have this idea of what green should look like, and man made greens never look quite right. They just look awkward.

But this does't? And I don't know why. And I wish I did.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I honestly always thought Raptor would be the worst wing coaster, though I've only ridden Wild Eagle and GateKeeper, which I hear are the worst.

Everything, both this coaster and this park, are shaping up to look beautiful, though! I really hope I can go someday!

Lofty

CF Legend

Just come across this photo on their official website, it truly shows the scale of the ride:

201401289202167620.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

ECG said:

It starts off pretty typically, but then it goes all Furius Baco. So yeah, looks pretty awful overall. Great start, then it needs burning ;)