Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoaster

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: 2013 B&M Wingrider?

oriolat2 said:
david morton said:
"X works" is standard shipping sort of term for "not being delivered to customer, being collected from the factory" :)

I thought B&M had stopped labelling their track pieces to protect customer's future additions, hence the generic X-Works...

So it's not going to Chessington as a thrill version of Bubble Works? Damn!

Colossus The Power of 10 said:
If your talking Germany, I would like to throw Holiday Park in to the mix.

Wouldn't that be made at the European manufacturing plant though rather the US one?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Kyle just told me of a rumour for Magic Mountain 2013. The rumour goes that it's going to be huge and feature the world's highest inversion...

World's tallest wingrider?

I know nothing about said rumour though or where it's come from or the likeliness of it. Can anyone elaborate?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Joey said:
Kyle just told me of a rumour for Magic Mountain 2013. The rumour goes that it's going to be huge and feature the world's highest inversion...

World's tallest wingrider?

I know nothing about said rumour though or where it's come from or the likeliness of it. Can anyone elaborate?

Its said to be a launch as well, while going for worlds tallest inversion and longest US steel. It was started over on TPR where a couple guys overheard some ride mechanics talking "plans being near completion" or some jargon along those lines.

Its made it to the LA Times (or whatever that newspaper is called) online and got flamed for TPR being its only credible source of info.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Thanks Intricks. Doesn't sound much like a B&M if the rest of the rumour is launched and longest US steel.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

My personal theory is that it's for Everland's new coaster, which may well be opening late this year as opposed to next year since it seems Asian parks are less predictable with their opening dates for new attractions.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Why is nobody interested in the shipping details? :(

It looks like they've shipped out coaster rails:
http://panjiva.com/Manufacturers-Of/roller%20coaster

So do they produce the basic steel in Europe then send it to Ohio for fabrication? If so, then they surely have a fabrication plant in Europe too, otherwise you're shipping tons of steel to the States and then the finished product back. Or maybe shipping is less than running two plants? Though you'd think if they can produce the steel here, they can fabricate too as a simple offshoot?

Anyone any ideas?

marc

CF Legend
2013 B&M Wingrider?

Joey said:
Thanks Intricks. Doesn't sound much like a B&M if the rest of the rumour is launched and longest US steel.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

furie said:

So do they produce the basic steel in Europe then send it to Ohio for fabrication? If so, then they surely have a fabrication plant in Europe too, otherwise you're shipping tons of steel to the States and then the finished product back. Or maybe shipping is less than running two plants? Though you'd think if they can produce the steel here, they can fabricate too as a simple offshoot?

Anyone any ideas?
I am interested in the shipping details, However I don't think you can work out where this coaster will be located from it :cry:

tomahawk

Strata Poster

OF COURSE TPR gets upset and flames when they get the story scooped from them, and since one of their members was talking to a mechanic, they probably got banned, since they aren't allowed to talk to any park employee... :roll:

I still place my money on a Cedar Fair park. Also against SFMM, they have X2, while it isn't the same type, it looks the same, which may get people confused if they were even remotely close to each other...

CPcisco

Mega Poster

furie said:

Anyone any ideas?

This shipment would only have been coaster rails. The rails are cut and bent in Europe and shipped to Clermont. Steel plate is then cut and bent at Clermont and the two are joined and finished there as well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

CPcisco said:
furie said:

Anyone any ideas?

This shipment would only have been coaster rails. The rails are cut and bent in Europe and shipped to Clermont. Steel plate is then cut and bent at Clermont and the two are joined and finished there as well.

See, this stuff is nerdgasm! Brilliant CPcisco, thank you very much :)

So is this for all B&M coasters, the production is split across the two plants?

Intricks

Strata Poster

^ When did Premier get pulled into it? I'd heard Mack and Intamin being discussed, but Premier wasn't mentioned.

tomahawKSU said:
OF COURSE TPR gets upset and flames when they get the story scooped from them, and since one of their members was talking to a mechanic, they probably got banned, since they aren't allowed to talk to any park employee... :roll:

One, they overheard the mechanic speaking to a fellow employee, they never physically talked to him.
Two, the news reporter got flamed for using a TPR rumor, not the other way around.
Three, SFMM is Alveys home park. He could have his way with a donkey in that place and get away with it as he gives them a LOT of supposed business.

Lofty

CF Legend

Like the "Supposed" element of what you said, ;)

Thing is, I had this discussion the other day to someone; Enthusiasts make up barely any part of a park's market, they wouldn't exactly lose sleep if he decided to boycott them.

marc

CF Legend
2013 B&M Wingrider?

Alvey moved sfmm is not his home park at all Disney World is.

I took the whole thing as made up as soon as I saw B&M and launch.

Plus sfmm have a 4d a flyer etc they don't need a wing coaster. Not saying they won't get one, I just cannot see it.

Ben

CF Legend

Intricks said:
Three, SFMM is Alveys home park. He could have his way with a donkey in that place and get away with it as he gives them a LOT of supposed business.

Robb lives in Orlando, OMGDUH.

PS, the Alveys are vile. Don't even read this post, or you will get banned.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^ and ^^ I live in ohio, my home park is Kennywood. When I move to Vegas, my home park will still be Kennywood. Doesnt really matter where you live when it comes to this.

Lofty, i see what you did thar. He gave them a **** to of free publicity. Plus the whole westcoaster event ordeal.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ No a home park is the park that you live nearest to. Or at least that's what me and many others think...