What's new

"Now Showing"

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Just saw Wanted. Probably the best action film since The Matrix, fantastically well made. The story is utter nonsense of course, but that's not the point, it's a pure action flick and kicks serious arse!

If they've got any sense, this is the next director for Bond (crazy Russian, perfect). Although it's just plain wrong to see Morgan Freeman swear...

8/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade last night.

In my opinion, it was the best of the "old" films. Still haven't seen the new one yet.

Easily 10/10

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I saw Adulthood a few days ago and it was actually really good and I have not seen the first film (Kidulthood) but I completely understood this one. 8)

9.5/10 highly recomend

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I saw St. Trinian's last night. It was pretty entertaining. Some things were funny. Not quite what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it ;)

9/10.

Snoo

The Legend
Slayed said:
Although it's just plain wrong to see Morgan Freeman swear...

Isn't that like a sin or something?

Reign Over Me

Never seen it before, although it came out a little bit ago. Story of a man who lost his whole family in 9/11.

Although its probably Adam Sandlers best role that wasn't funny, it probably coulda been better with an actor more suited for this type of part.

Either way, I still enjoyed it.. 9/10

Am I the first one to post a review of Wall-E?

Okay, so I got in free because of the free passes I got last time, which was a big bonus. So, the whole ordeal was free because I brought my own food and such. The actual movie, although Monsters Inc. still takes the cake as my favourite Pixar, is very cute! I teared up a few times during the film, and for a movie with literally like, the smallest amount of dialogue I have ever seen, it actually works really well.

8/10

Ollie

CF Legend
I was forced by my Nan to watch Ghost.

It's basically about this guy who gets murdered and finds out that his girlfriend is in danger and is trying to contact her to warn her. it's a comedy with a few funny moments.

It takes a while to get going, but once it does it's pretty enjoyable.

7/10

John91

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
and for a movie with literally like, the smallest amount of dialogue I have ever seen, it actually works really well.
I doubt it could work as well as 2001: A space odyssey. The first and last 20 minutes of that are amazing with NO dialogue.

peep

CF Legend
John91 said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
and for a movie with literally like, the smallest amount of dialogue I have ever seen, it actually works really well.
I doubt it could work as well as 2001: A space odyssey. The first and last 20 minutes of that are amazing with NO dialogue.

The film is being compared by top critics to 2001:ASO I can't wait to see it, unfortunately us Brits have to wait till the 18th July, cripebags.

Never seen Space Odyssey (the name even puts me off), so I wouldn't know. The majority of the dialogue in Wall-E consists of:

Wall-E: EEeeva
Eve: Walll-E

And yeah, Wall-E is not in the top ten films ever made, and it's not even the best Pixar film. I'm guessing that still has to do with all of the hype that surrounded it and stuff, but it's times like this when IMDB are so out of line. They're pretty much saying Wall-E is better than Wizard of Oz (which should totally be in the top ten).

Deano

Mega Poster
Saw "Slither" on T.V. The other day. It was kool with a couple of very very gory bits. Also some comedy mingled in with it as well.

7/10

(This is the right place for reviews right?? Because if not, then, sorry, :))

10,000 B.C.

I dunno, it's not as bad as the reviews made it out to be. It has like, a nine percent on Rotten Tomatoes and a four out of ten on IMDB, but really I think it's worth a bit more than that. It was blatantly copying Apocalypto in certain spots, and nothing pisses me off in a movie more than when it copies and all you can do is sit there and look for other similarities between the two movies, but oh well, there were some parts which weren't copied. It seemed like it was stereotyping the Aboriginals a lot as well, which got annoying. Everything was described in a weird way, like snow was white rain, something else was the eye of the snake, and it seemed like a lot of things were not called by their actual name.

As for historical accuracy, I think this is the movie's biggest fault. Dinosaurs in 10,000 B.C.? As far as I'm aware, 10,000 B.C. was only 12,008 years ago, and also, I'm pretty sure dinosaurs and huge birds like the ones in the movie were dead quite before then. I also have never seen landscape change from snowy mountains, to a rainforest, to a desert with pyramids so drastically.

Anyway, 6/10 overall. If you can look past the inaccuracies and the copying, it's not too terrible.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
WALL-E going up lol.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910970/

Anyway, I vaguely saw What Happens In Vegas yesterday, and it wasn't that funny to be honest.

I had only seen about an hour of it (2 thirds), so I don't think my judgement is too unreliable. So yeah, of what I saw, it coulda been better.

Ben

CF Legend
LFTL said:
Everything was described in a weird way, like snow was white rain, something else was the eye of the snake, and it seemed like a lot of things were not called by their actual name.

the historical accuracy sucked

You fool.

Having all the language be the same would have been historically inaccurate. Believe it or not, the Oxford English Dictionary did not appear until a while after 10,000 BC and language was not the same as it is now at all.

Ollie

CF Legend
Right, I saw two films as part of my date today.

First up was Thunderpants The first thing that struck me was "****! Is that Rupert Grint?" It was a really weird film and started with a woman giving birth and shooting her baby across the hospital floor. It had some funny bits but that still wasn't enough to make it a good film.

4/10

Next up was the dreaded Sex and the City. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I didn't fall asleep. The story was a complete load of bollocks though as it only follows the life of four girls and they manage to have so many marriages, divorces, relationships, arguments, sex, holidays and crap it's un-believable. It was also way too long for it's own good.

6/10 But that's only because it's not the type of film I'm interested in, otherwise it would of probably scored better.

Vantage Point

Not my type of movie at all, but I decided to watch it because my dad rented it and I was over at his house. It was actually put together really, really well, and I loved how the whole thing took place in a half an hour time span. You guys will know what I mean if you have seen it. The ending got really confusing to me, but for the most part, I enjoyed it.

7/10

Ben

CF Legend
I bought the Alien Quadrilogy yesterday (£10!), and so I started with 3 since I've seen the first two.

Oh dear.

That's all I can say.

But I also bought Battle Royale (it was £4! Couldn't pass that up), so I'll watch that later and remind myself what a good film is.