What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
I've just got back from the biggest UK premiere ever held at London's 02 arena where Prince Caspian was seen in the UK for the first time. The arena held 10,000 people and a screen was specially made for tonights screening of the film.

I arrived with my sister about 5:15, we had to wait 15 mins before being aloud to walk down the red carpet. As we walked up the red carpet we noticed this...
DSC00719.jpg

It was a gateway to 'Narnia'. Disney have gone to a lot of effort for this premiere, plants of all sorts were added to the area, the red carpet turned to green carpet and plinths with actors on were dotted up to the entrance of the 02.
DSC00720.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

Along side the green carpet were the reporters but in between some mean characters had decided to battle, how awesome!
DSC00723.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

We decided to continue inside as the carpet was getting rammed full of people. Once inside documentaries of how the film was made were playing on the screen, which was absolutely huge!
DSC00734.jpg

After a long and very delayed wait the lights dimmed and a presenter came out on stage.
DSC00737.jpg

She then introduced the director, the producer, David Walliams (has a line in the film), the four kids and Ben Barnes on to the stage. She then talked to each of them for a little bit.
DSC00739.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

After that the film began. It was absolutely stunning, everything about it was great. It had a great story too. The audience were very clappy and at happy moments the audience went wild, this amused me. Overall it was a very enjoyable film and I can't wait to see it again.

scan0001.jpg

That was my ticket for this awesome event.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Just saw "The Machine Girl"...It was so good!

So over the top, gory, and pretty funny too. Dosenttake itself seriously at all, which just makes it brilliant.

Its a film about a japanese girl who loses her arm, so she has a machine gun instead. As good as it sounds!

peep

CF Legend
Its a lot better than the first film, but as we have seen already in this topic Smelly doesn't actually like a film unless some bird strips naked (no complaints if it does happen just there is more to film than that :wink: ). It is a fantastic film and the action is brilliant. I may have thought it was better due to the screen etc but thats why I'll go see it again when released so then I can fully soak the film in properly.

Yeah they were expensive tickets but the majority of it went to Great Ormand Street Hospital, I think Disney put some added cash on top and raised several grand.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Finally, finally, FINALLY got to watch Sweeny Todd!

It's good enough I suppose? Some great moments, lovely direction, great acting... Wouldn't want to see it again in a hurry, but still pretty good 8/10. It suffers from typical Tim Burtonism. It's lovely, and enticing, and you become beguiled by the film. However, when you watch it for the third or fourth time (sometimes you get an idea on second time of watching), it's just not as good as you thought.

First time, and every three or four year, they're fantastic, but they really have poor re-watchability :)

I'm wise to it now, and not seeing it at the cinema, caught Sweeny Todd for it's truth. Good, bu tnot great!

Ben

CF Legend
^ :(.

I'm currently watching Rent, which I've seen like a tonne, but only now I realise that they all have really strange singing voices...

It all sounds an octave too high and like they're straining.

While I love they have the OBC, they shouldn't of. Apart from Idina. She should be in everything.

Furie, I disagree with you about watching Sweeney multiple times. The more I watch it and the more I hear the songs, the more exciting it is because I get to sing along, yay! The only songs I actually quite like are the Miracle Elixir, Worst Pies in London, and Ballad of Sweeney Todd, and their singing voices aren't fantasic but I think that makes it more genuine.

As for Rent, it's very good.

That's not even in the film, lol.

And anyone that talks about the songs of Sweeney Todd and don't mention A Little Priest, suck.

Oh, I didn't think that was in the movie. I downloaded it and I love it, except for the end of it which hurts my ears, but I couldn't remember it being in the film.

Is A Little Priest the one where they talk about the taste of lawyers and such? I loved that one, just didn't know the name.

marc

CF Legend
We watched Sweeney Todd the other night. It was an ok film not really my thing and took a long time to get going but it was good.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Watched Adulthood yesterday night (Opening night), and tbh, it was slightly disappointing. I thought it would excel what was the great kidulthood, but didnt quite make the mark. Has some funny moments though...

With my many exciting purchases at the sale yesterday, I found Bridget Jones's Diary and decided to pick it up, for a wicked price of one dollar.

So, it wasn't quite as good as I expected, but it was still a cute movie. Not one of my favourite ones, but it was pretty decent and I'll probably end up watching it every once in a while. It really reminded me of the books I read (Shopaholic and Georgia Nicholson Series), so I'm guessing they probably got ideas from that movie. Her big, granny panties/gurdle thingy, haha.

6.9/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Got round to seeing I am Legend (I'm behind on films I know. :lol:

I don't see why everyone hated it. It was a pretty good film up until the ending.

8/10

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I saw Fight Club yesterday.

Starring Brad Pitt as a soap salesman and Edward Norton as an officer-worker, who team up to form what they simply called "Fight Club". They then start to do acts of vandalism and such.

Excellent film. It wasn't disturbing, it was just intense and provided a pretty strong atmosphere around me. Definitely unique, so I'd highly recommend this.

10/10.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Saw "jumper" on the weekend.

Not the best film i've seen by a long margin.. But it was really enjoyable romp. Kept me entertained, didnt feel bored at all.. Just switched off my brain and enjoyed it.

I'm actually tempted to read the book it was based on now too!