What's new

"Now Showing"

Slayed

Hyper Poster
You're all wrong :p. Unbreakable is a fantastic film, you just have to get in tune with it. I can do a scene-by-scene breakdown of how good the direction is if you want :wink:. I do prefer Sixth Sense though, it's an almost perfect film.

Whereas Lady In The Water is one of the worst films I've ever seen XD.

Lain

Giga Poster
I thought Unbreakable was pretty good.

In terms of other Shyamalan films; I've only seen Sixth Sense and The Village. Somebody told me the twist in Sixth Sense before I saw it, so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I probably could have, and The Village was a pile of tosh.

The Happening looks interesting, but given Shyamalan's track record, I'll probably not be paying it much heed.

Sweeney Todd

Hm, I had high expectations and though they were pretty much lived up to, something was missing in it. I don't know what, but don't get me wrong, it was definitely good. What happened to Johanna though? But yeah the ending was nuts even though I had an idea of what was gonna happen, and a few of the songs were good (though I think a lot of them were lacking).

Overall, good atmosphere, good acting, and overall quite good.

7.5/10

She leaves with Anthony to live happily ever after.

I figured as much. They shouldn't have just left that unanswered, but I guess it's pretty obvious that she did live happily ever answer.

Guess she's the only one who does live happily ever after though. Or live at all (minus a few characters).

nadroJ

CF Legend
I saw Prom Night on Friday and it was like, the most generic slasher movie ever. Was a laugh to watch, 7/10.

Now I am intruiged by this new 'horror' I saw advertised called Teeth. It about a chaste teenager who lives on a nuclear site which in turn causes her to grow teeth in her vag.....so basically I can't wait for this to come out.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen)

This was the first German spoken film I'd seen, and it was rated highly, and I was intrigued by the storyline, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Set in 1984 (so pre-Berlin Wall knockdown), it's about an officer who works for the Stasi, who is given a mission to spy on a suspected writer and his wife.

It started off quite slow, but it was still quite interesting. After about half way (maybe earlier), it really picked up, and I thought it was really good. Not full of action, but it had some decent suspense that made me want to watch it all.

Definitely worth a watch if you like political/psychological thrillers.

9/10.

Smithy

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
I saw Prom Night on Friday and it was like, the most generic slasher movie ever. Was a laugh to watch, 7/10.

Now I am intruiged by this new 'horror' I saw advertised called Teeth. It about a chaste teenager who lives on a nuclear site which in turn causes her to grow teeth in her vag.....so basically I can't wait for this to come out.

Yeah me and a mate are convincing a lot of us to go and watch it without reading into the background of Vagina Denitata, or whatever it's called :p

Google it, if you so wish to find out people :p

I remember Smelly said about it a while back also.

Jake

Strata Poster
I finally got round to watching Halloween (original) a few weeks back.

I was so excited about it, thanks to Ben, but it sucked!

Nothing happened for the first 2/3 of the movie, and then when it did happen it was boring.

Classic? Probably. Good? No!

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Noooo Halloween is my most favourite movie of all time! The fact that nothing happens in the beginning just adds to the suspense =]

Ollie

CF Legend
^^Thats exactly what happened when I saw it. People kept saying how amazing it was. But it was utter ****. :p

Exact same thing happened with the Nightmare before Christmas.

Teeth came out like, ages ago. I haven't seen it but I know it was released quite a while back, but it looks ridiculous anyway. Oh, hi, let's make a movie about vagina teeth. Really something I'd wanna see :roll: .

Ollie

CF Legend
Just watched The Sixth Sense after all this talk about Shyamalan films.
Was good and had a strong story and a good twist at the end.
Although I though it was lacking in scares. It had a few Oh **** something's going to jump out but nothing happens moments though.

8/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I watched Minority Report last night.

The idea behind this film was great, but I felt like they expected you to know too much. It felt as if the viewer was meant to know what "Precrime" was. It was quickly picked up, but there were a few parts that seemed unclear.

Also, there was one sequence that really was crap. It involved the jet-packs and the main character clinging onto someone with a jet-pack. It was just a bit too fake.

There were some pretty impressive graphics and some parts of the film really made you jump.

Overall, a great film. Not the best I've seen, but it was still very good. 8/10

Sicko

Just shows how really effed up American Medical care is. My God, I'm so happy I live in Canada in terms of our health care and such. Don't take this as me knocking America, because it isn't and I wanna live there one day maybe, but the things they showed in the movie were horrible. A lady can't get health insurance because she had a yeast infection in the past? A guy died because they said a bone marrow transplant was experimental and wouldn't give him the funding to do it?

Ridiculous, but eye opening.

8/10

This isn't a queue for Snoo to come and say I'm dissin America either :p .

mrclam

Giga Poster
Bare in mind michael moore biases his stories to put his point across.. it's not THAT bad, he's just searched out the worst examples.

That said, I love the health care system in cananda - much better than the uk or america imho.

But i'd take anything mr moore says in his films with a pinch of salt.

Bare in mind michael moore biases his stories to put his point across.. it's not THAT bad, he's just searched out the worst examples.

Oh I understand that. Same goes for any other movie that's trying to get their point across, really. It's just even if those were the only people in America who had problems with health insurance, it would still be unfortunate. 20,000 people emailed him telling their stories remember, which is quite a hefty number (not when you consider the population of America, but still).

The Canadian health care system is great, except for hospital waiting times. Waiting times are my only beef, as I, and my mom, have waited in the range of 4-12 hours in the hospital emergency on numerous occassions.

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
The Canadian health care system is great, except for hospital waiting times. Waiting times are my only beef, as I, and my mom, have waited in the range of 4-12 hours in the hospital emergency on numerous occassions.

You should try visiting england.

You should try visiting england.

I probably will one day! Why though? Are their waiting times extremely long? I mean, once in a hospital room for like, twelve hours is enough but when it happens multiple times a year, that's ridiculous. They say they take patients in based on how severe their illness is, but hell, when there's three people in waiting room I think they can manage more than one person per every two hours. And also, someone can be having internal problems that don't seem as severe when they get there, but could become really severe, so if they have to wait in the waiting room for that long, they could like, die.